xisto Community
Accure

Family Guy Vs. South Park What is the best comedy serie?

What is the best comedy?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll have to agree with you except for the fact that I really love American dad. Futurama is a great show but to be honest my favorite is King of the hill. I've watched it endless number of times and I just can't get enough of it...
SP is really nice, funny and witty but sometimes it's kindda boring...

I like both of them they are equally funny though i do prefer south park but i like family guy allot too but the thing is that this is a stupid question because it will just bring gay arguments

I have been on a few other sites that are dedicated to arguing over which highly popular animated comedy- south park or family guy- is funnier? I have seen all episodes of both series as well as their specials and or movies, and I have loved them over any other comedy programs for practically the same reasons. They are ridiculous, satirical, crude, relevant, and witty. They both mock all reaches of religion, race, class, and political ideologies without hesitation or limits, as well as any other contemporary piece of American life that they can repackage and turn into a joke. This makes it clear that the writers of such shows have no real beefs with anyone, they pretty much just poke fun at anyone or anything that makes it an easy target. South park often does this more directly and cruelly than family guy, who tends to interpert their victims into their delightfully wacky and farfetched plot. Even though south park shares this love of potty humour and silly bumbling characters, one can watch a few episodes of south park and realize that its stories pack much more intellect behind it than family guy typically does. I am not denying that trey parker, matt stone and seth Mcfarlene are all exceedingly intelligent and good at what they do, and this is why I believe these comedy masterminds will never be able to outdo one another, and thats just fine. South park likes to stick a little insightful life lesson in its episodes, while family guy is happy to just get as many laughs possible with as many random yet equally humorous quips and puns. Both shows are consistently funny and, while many seem to think that??these shows are past their primes, I believe that both shows are successfully continuing to be unrelentingly bold and fresh in the ways they find clever and ironic ways to blatantly make fun of...well... whatever they want.