xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rwperkinsjr

Can't Login To Ftp [resolved]

I have tried everything to login FTP and I get a bad login every time. I can login to cpanel and do all other functions including changing the password which updates all running services such as the FTp server but to no avail.I have used numerous ftp clients , PASV, active and all. Tried security (SFTP)... nothing.

Never Mind. Post this under "Seasoned web veteran loses his mind".Just in case anyone else is stupid like me make sure you update your name servers if you are using your own domain. Gawd this is the simplest step of this hosting stuff and I screwed it up and posted. oops. :)

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.

Intermittent connection to FTP serverCan't Login To Ftp [resolved]

I am registered to use the free Geocities web space offered. Using several FTP clients does not affect the problem... Sometimes I am allowed to login, sometimes I am not. Authentication correct on all occasions. So I wait a day or so and am then able to upload again.Seems odd that no-one publishes the rules. I can live with them or move as the case may be. Pretending to offer a service is the worst of all worlds. Just convinces users that all other services are equally poor.It didnt take long to determine that Customer Care does not exist. So don't bother looking!

-reply by CrazyHorse