xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cheapwebdesign

Soda And Sweet Drinks Are Killing People The impact of what you drink can be bigger than you know

Soda and flavored drinks are the real culprits in the battle of the bulge. Just one drink can have enough calories as a full meal. Many people go on diets but never think to curb the sweet drinks. Have you gained weight? Do you feel sluggish and slow? Does your circulation and digestive track have issues. Sweet drinks could be the problem. How much water do you drink a day. Many people don't drink any. they are so accustomed to flavored drinks they have forgotten the importance of plain water. Kidney stones, heart problems and most notably thick blood can be a problem with bad drinking habits. The early onset of diabetes can be attributed to excessive sugar consumption related to flavored drinks. Need flavor try crystal light. Yea I know it sounds unmanly but so do breast. Drink flavored drinks all the time and you will have a fine body for a study in what not to do.Conclusion, be water aware. Start using ice as much as you can. Cold drinks lack flavor but still satisfy. And get your wife or mom to buy you some crystal light.

Good tip there! Thanks!

Not to mention there's too much aspartame (artificial sugar) in some drinks.

We're already getting a lot of sugar from fruits we eat.

OTHER CULPRITS for cause of THE FATTY BULGE

Vegetable oil - better alternatives are extra virgin olive oil for cold dishes and salads.

And coconut oil for cooking. Coconut oil is actually the only oil that doesn't cause cancer when over-cooked, and good for the heart.

Chocolates - striped of its own naturally-bitter anti-oxidants, what you're really getting on the supermarkets are mostly unhealthy chocolates.

Soya Bean products - Unfermented soya beans actually cause goitre (body refuses to produce sufficient iodine) with other ailments I won't mention here.

Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

Note that while some oils are healthier than others, this is due to the type of fat they contain, not the calories. So by choosing olive oil over palm oil, you aren't lowering the calories in your diet, you're just getting less saturated fat. While it's important to consume the right fats, you still need to watch calories if your goal is losing weight.

Conclusion, be water aware. Start using ice as much as you can. Cold drinks lack flavor but still satisfy. And get your wife or mom to buy you some crystal light.

Let me guess, you just happen to sell ice and crystal light :)

Note that while some oils are healthier than others, this is due to the type of fat they contain, not the calories. So by choosing olive oil over palm oil, you aren't lowering the calories in your diet, you're just getting less saturated fat. While it's important to consume the right fats, you still need to watch calories if your goal is losing weight.

I beg to differ and here's why.

You can eat right amount of calories of food and still stay
hungry (or get hungry after an hour). You can still put on
weight going the "calories way".

This information is confirmed by scientific studies conducted
and passed to The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
http://www.pcrm.org/

Lots of info that you have/know of are all outdated......people are still
following the dangerous food pyramid where carbohydrates are
still wrongfully at the bottomest of the pyramid.

Watching calories is not effective in keeping slim. Contrary
to what we're programmed to accept, we also need correct amounts
of monosaturated fats. We've been told monosaturated fats equals
bad cholesterols, but we actually do need monosaturated fats in
moderate amounts. Because the components in monosaturated fats
are linked to the way healthy fats work.

Assuming that a fruit is not tainted with preservatives and chemicals,
"Peel away the skin of an apple and you have a less effective fruit."

What I am saying is - there are better healthier ways of eating
healthily and keeping their "right weight". Governments have not
came out fully with the truth for what's good/harmful for humans.
Edited by wordpress_lover (see edit history)

I have not had any problems with my health because of my fast metabolism but I know that some day it will catch up to me. My big problem is the soft drinks as I usually drink a couple bottles or cans of mountain dew each day. There is no aspartame but I do not really know how to go about stopping as it is kind of an addiction. I mean if it isn't available I am fine with out it because I was on my trip to Europe but when I came back I went straight back to it as if I never stopped drinking it. It will probably hurt me in the future but I do not really know what to do.