xisto Community
bluedragon

Cdma Phone Replication Is it possible ?

Hi, One of my really good friend has a CDMA phone that he claims has been replicated. Problem is , That his calls are being recorded from a third phone , which is not possible otherwise, Since neither the caller nor the called party knows about this, while the recording is being done. He came to know of this only when he got an email of the recording ?? :) ?? Is this possible ? As far as I know , to replicate a phone we need a SIM, which basically has the ESN and once that is copied I guess we can do such kind of things. But in this case its a CDMA, which is not dependent on SIM. How was this done and what should I advice him to do ? Would changing the handset solve this ? Thanks.I need a fast reply on this, since he's loosing a lot of business bcoz of this. For the time being he's using my Phone :D

He came to know of this only when he got an email of the recording ?? :) ?? Is this possible ?

Is your friend being blackmailed with this recording? Why would he face problems with his business? lol

Are you sure the recording is not from the other end and claiming to not know what is going on? CDMA is pretty secure and only time the security can be compromised is when the carrier (phone service provider) somehow releases ESN to be tracked. It is also possible to intercept CDMA transmission while standing near by. But this would require very fancy equipments. Is your friend worth this much trouble?

Or, someone has copied your friend's ESN and receiving the same phone call. Someone would have had to remove the battery and write down the ESN (very long serial number). There are two ways to test if a phone is duped. Is the recording from a call conversation when your friend received a call or sent a call? Usually the duped phone can only record when the same copied ESN phone is receiving a phone call. When a call is coming in, basically, it rings both (original and duped) phones. If the recorded conversation is from a call sent by your friend's phone I would think the other end is recording the conversation.

he he .. Nice one.. No he is not being black mailed, he is a doctor :D a dentist to be preciseBy business i meant his work only, most of the patients call on his cell and his girlfriend too :)He only told me that his conversation with his Girlfriend was recorded. I believe she must have called him , bcoz he doesn't usually calls her :DSomehow her calling is free to his phone. NEways, since it is possible to replicate the phone I believe the phone needs to be exchanged or thrown away. Nice one. This would be his 12th phone going to waste. Last 11 were thrown into a dustbin just bcoz he didn't like the shape.For the record this one was MOTORAZR V3x Just out of curiosity, I want to know that is it possible to plant a mike/bug/spyware on the phone that keeps recording your conversations ?how much will the bug/mike cost ?And can there be a call that can be automatically accepted by the phone ? Like If I call someone and the call is automatically gets picked up ? I know accidentally its possible but is it possible otherwise ?

Edited by bluedragon (see edit history)