xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gbjack

Need Info For Counter Strike 2 Pls Need info for Counter strike 2 pls

I intend to buy counter strike 2 but I need a few info from experienced users before plunging to save some effort. My configuration is P4 (2.4 Ghz)Graphic Card (creative GForce 2 unltra, old)Ram 512MBWith a low graphic config, can i get the best of it when playing CS2? I heard from friends that CS2 needs a relatively high graphic card and cpu.

Is there anything called Counter Strike 2? If by Counter Strike 2 you mean Counter Strike: Source, I would say "Oooo..." Btw, I think you can install and play CS:S with your computer specs although it won't be that smooth...you will counter several lag time, but it won't really count if you are playing with bot. One word of advice though, CS:S can really burden your computer, with careless usage, your computer may be in danger....Good Luck.

I Disagaree with that, i am running a RADEON All-In-Wonder 7500, only a 64mb card, my pc has 512mb DDR and only a 2.02ghz processor (P4) and i run CS Source without a hassle. It all depends on your ingame graphic settings ;)

I intend to buy counter strike 2 but I need a few info from experienced users before plunging to save some effort.

My configuration is

P4 (2.4 Ghz)

Graphic Card (creative GForce 2 unltra, old)

Ram 512MB

With a low graphic config, can i get the best of it when playing CS2? I heard from friends that CS2 needs a relatively high graphic card and cpu.

41335[/snapback]

Ok dude this is what you do, you go out an you buy the game. cuz it is the best in the whole wide world. HL2 pc gamer rated it #1 in the world. thats gotta be saying something. you computer is fine, mine is worse and it runs CSS at 50 fps and or higher, all you need to remembers is to juice up the Hz on that monitor of yours. other than that go play css it's the best.

-Jynx-

I intend to buy counter strike 2 but I need a few info from experienced users before plunging to save some effort.
My configuration is

P4 (2.4 Ghz)
Ram 512MB

With a low graphic config, can i get the best of it when playing CS2? I heard from friends that CS2 needs a relatively high graphic card and cpu.

I dont know if your graphic card will handle the game, my friend have a very similar setup as you except for the video card and RAM (256mb with 9200 ATI ithink) he's getting a avg fps of 30-40 on maps like dust1/2, fps drops alot when playing on aztec, train etc.. Why dont you just get a better videocard? ATI 9600PRO are just $100, its perfect for your system.

My configuration is

P4 (2.4 Ghz)

Ram 512MB

41335[/snapback]

What will the system requirements be for Counter-Strike: Source?

Min:

1.2 GHz Processor

256MB RAM

DirectX 7 graphics card

Windows 2000/XP/ME/98

Mouse

Keyboard

Preferred:

2.4 GHz ProcessorB 512MB RAM

DirectX 9 graphics card

Windows 2000/XP

Mouse

Keyboard

You definetely need a good graphics card. But the lowest POSSIBLE to run CS2 is 0.6 GHz and 64 MB video card at lowest possible setting. I have tried that, and it did run, but the ping is regularly around 700+, so your computer is good enough, but make sure the graphics settings are all set to low/none.

Careful or you will fry your card :S

ivantoar No no you are wrong. CS:Source can be run with very very old graphics hard. First get super high fps config and then there was some tutorial.. I am sorry, i've forgot the site. =(~Samitzu

Yes, I forget that FPS Config! sory.Before I buy this computer (around middle 2007). I remember I run CS Source at P4 1.6 with GeForce 2 MX 100/200! and the lag is killing me, but FPS config makes the graphic worse than CS 1.6. I still recommend you to buy a new Graphic card then.