xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krispypuff

What Are Your Favorite Oldschool Rpg's? Post your favorite Oldschool RPGs

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know what everyone's favorite OLDSHOOL RPG'sare. When I say "Oldschool" I mean any games from the 90's. I would have to say that my favorite games preatty much all come from LucasArts. My favorite games include: Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, The Dig (Very hard and very brainy game),and KingsQuest VI.Anyway, looking forward to seeing your posts.

Secret of Mana on the Super Nes :rolleyes: Great when you play with brothers or friends :D So cool :) And the game is really long if you want to get the best items and the best spells at the level 8:99 (Yeah when you have more than level 8 you can evolve it to 8:** but not 9, it adds a chance to do a better spell but it is really long to get more than 8 :) ).

Any RPG from the '90's leaves quite a large expanse of time, and would include more "recent" RPGs (FFVII,VIII,IX are well known examples). But me, being a Square fan, I loved Chrono Trigger (since I assume we're talking about 2D RPGs).

Ya man, Chrono Trigger was an awesome game. It had some cool, super smooth graphics. I remember playingI would have to say that my favorite game is Indiana Jones and the Fate Of Atlantis partly because it gave the user so much freedom to do what they wanted.The cool thing about the game was that you could beat the gave in three different ways: with brute force (who can resist a good 'ole boxing match?), with thinking, and through massive amounts of dialogue(requires a bit more patience but you learn a lot more about the game). And you could also choose to work as a team with Sophia or work solo. The game had a very good mix of wit and humour as well as seriousness. I remember staying up till early hours many a days playing this game. (single tear) ... Those were the days...

Secret of evermore on the SNES(no, not secret of mana) it was based on the SoM engine, and it ended up really cool. It was about a kid and his robot dog traveling through time.... and how they kept messing up there time travel.Another one i liked was Zelda: link to the past... well... because its zelda, but seriously it was the total optimization of the 2d action/rpg.

For me, my most favourite Oldschool RPG would be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for SNES(because it was the only oldschool RPG that I finished). That was a great game at that time. The graphics were pretty good in this game compared to other games on the SNES. The gameplay was pretty good. I liked the characters also (Mallow was the best!) Fighting Culex was really hard, but I beat him. All around, it was a good game.Now, I have many oldschool RPGs that I have played but have never beaten (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 1,2,4,5 and 6, etc.) I have all of these games on Playstation rather than on the SNES or NES. Maybe some day, when I have alot of time on my hands, I'll try to beat every FF game in order. It would take me at least 1 month. But anyways, I'm rambling on.

I am not sure if you could already consider Zelda an Old School. but that would be the best for me. It is something for brainy people. I am not saying that other RPGs are not tough games or just an easy games. but that game is hard for me. you have to use plenty of thinking to answer those riddles.