xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
i_speel_good

Halo 2 Xp And My Frustration With It also, my letter to Vmware

Lately I've been frustrated with Halo 2 on Windows XP. So I wrote the following letter to VMWare hoping that I can finally get to play it:"Subject: Halo 2 XP with VMWare/ThinApp?Body: I use Windows XP, and I bought Halo 2, hoping that I could use the Halo 2 XP fix to play it on my computer. It worked on 3 of my friends using XP that did the same, so why wouldn?t it work on me??it didn?t.I decided to turn to VMWare. Having Workstation, I made a VM of Windows Vista Ultimate using a spare copy a friend at work gave me. In 10 minutes I was operating under Windows Vista Ultimate through VMWare. I closed it, used the special commands to enable 3D acceleration with 256MB VRAM (my graphics card is an Asus EN8800GT 512MB). 3D Acceleration didn?t work at all. I couldn?t even use Aero!I don?t want to dual-boot or install windows vista, because I formatted in January and I don?t feel like formatting again.So I thought of ThinApp. A friend of mine dual boots Vista and XP. I thought of installing Halo 2 there and using thinapp to capture the installation process. But since ThinApp kinda works like VMWare I?m afraid that 3D won?t work?So I have 2 questions:1. Is there a way to use half of my graphics card?s power on VMWare to make that appear instead of ?VMWare SVGA 2??2. Does 3D work with Thinapp, thus making me able to finally play Halo 2?Thank you,Teo."I hope I get some positive response off this...Can you help me with my problem if I don't get a good response?

On the box, the games requires Windows Vista, doesn't it?Anywho, you might want to check out the following link.
It tells how you can get Halo 2 working with Windows XP.

http://www.lanthrax.com/news_details.asp?NewsID=1017

As for the Accelerated 3D not working......I have no clue. ( It too is a requirement under Windows Vista. )

Did you even bother reading my post? The XP fix does not work.

yeah we read your post but if you would have read the specs on the box and seen it was vista then why would you try to run it with some backdoor "xp fix" seems you just made the problems for yourself.

-reply by slyfox

Holy crap, these people are clueless. Speel, If you are still interested in getting halo2 working under XP, Contact me at jngdwe@hotmail.Com. I will personally help you get the XP crack working, as it occasionally gave me trouble too.

Note: Multiplayer has yet to work for anyone on xp to my knowledge, even with a valid/legal serial (Which I have). I'm also attempting to get the game to work after being patched, which would  most likely result in successfully multiplayer.

-reply by jngdwe