xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Garden Update Anybody need any Zucchinni??????

Well, at least those things are doing good! Before too much longer our friends will not be picking up the phone when we call (if they have caller ID) and will lock the doors if they see us comming and pretend not to be home. I can hardly walk threw the kitchen right now, we have a huge pile in bags sitting on the floor. And the most upsetting thing so far, I can't find an old recipe I used to have to make spiced apple rings out of them. Things are not coming out right, we need to defrost our deep freeze, and need more time to use up some of the stuff, but have no where to put it, things are just a mess. We got our first ripe tomatoe yesterday, just a little one, and the rest are all still very green, but it won't be long utill we are run over with them too. That is a delema I usually enjoy, tomato sause, juice, ketchup, all that good stuff is a big favorite here. Unfortunatly, the deer topped off our green beans. I don't know if they will come out of it or not, hopefully they will. I am surprized they so far have not eaten our corn. That would definatly cause me to go deer hunting! I love my sweet corn! We REALLY need to get over there and till and weed, but the rain just keeps coming and it just stays too wet. The forcast for this week is all dry though, so maybe we can manage to get some work done on it. On another happy note, we actually have some fruit this year! Last year the entire crop was wiped out by that late freeze. It actually killed several of my trees, and badly damaged others. But this year looks like we are going to have lots of apples, and today I got a few ripe plums, they were SO GOOD!!! UMMM, YUMMY! They of course, did not make it to the house, shake the tree and eat on the spot. Unfortunatly there aren't too many. So....I hope everyone elses garden is doing well.

I sure remember growing zucchini the first time (last year actually). It kept on growing, and growing and growing and growing. I didn't know what to do with all the of it. Maybe someone will give us some recipes!