xisto Community
mrdee

Is The Database System Gone Again? [resolved] Errors on PHPMyAdmin again

I wonder if there is a problem with the PHPMyAdmin system again? When trying to get into it, I once again get the following:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: SQLite: session write query failed: database is full in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42 Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (sqlite). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:42) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 99

I first noticed it when, on my website, I tried to access a PHP Admin function to look at the contents of one of my databases, and where I got:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(include/errors.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/mrdee:/usr/lib/php/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/mrdee/public_html/admin/include/commonfunctions.php on line 682 Warning: fopen(include/errors.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/mrdee/public_html/admin/include/commonfunctions.php on line 682 Cannot open XML data file: include/errors.xml

Does anyone know anything about this? thanks.

I just seen it, and sent in a support ticket to Xisto - Support about. I did that last time when the phpmyadmin was down and it was back after awhile so its just a matter of waiting now.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.

topic re-opened as per original author's request. apparently, it's an ongoing problem which is going ON and OFF at random... and still need to be discussed further as to its resolution.

OK, serverph,thanks for keeping us in the picture. (at least someone does).The system seems to be up and running now, hopefully the randomness of ON/OFF stops now.Also thanks to the other MODS who helped in the matter.[hr=noshade] [/hr]Oops, spoke too soon.The problem is back again in all its glory.Idesperately need access to my MySQL databases, as visitors need to be able to sign up for newsletters etc.Howe much more trouble do they intend to cause us?

I don't think what you're dealing with ever was a database problem. You should be able to access the database regardless of that error through a script that doesn't require sessions. But, of course, there are security implications that come with accessing the database through a script that is executable by anyone.

This has been going on for a week now, it has been resolved a few times, yesterday Xisto - Support sent me a message they had resolved the issue, but today, it was the same all over again. This really isn't funny anymore.

Just to make sure of my assumptions, do me a favor and run the following script when ever this error occurs (fill in the needed information, of course):

<?php$db_host = "localhost";$db_user = ""; // insert database user$db_pass = ""; // insert password for above user$conn = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass) or die(mysql_error());$db_name = ""; // any database name will do, so long as it has data in it that we can pull frommysql_select_db($db_name);$sql = "SELECT * FROM `table_name`"; // replace table_name with an existing table from the database above that has data in itif (mysql_num_rows(mysql_query($sql)) > 0){echo "<span style=\"color: green; font-weight: bold;\">Database is working fine.</span>";} else {echo "<span style=\"color: red; font-weight: bold;\">ERROR: ".mysql_error()."</span>";}?>
I have not tested the code, but it should work and if valid, i'm expecting it to show green text.

I'd do this on my account, but the database has been working for me every time i've tried to access it.

Yeah you are probably right the problem is probably not directly related to database problems because all queries still work but scripts that require session data to be saved don't work that's why phpmyadmin fails as well.

Thanks for the input.What you are saying about the sessions requiring data to be saved might all be true, but the fact of the matter is, I have reported this issue over and over again now, after which they seem to resolve it, but when I check again a few hours later or at best the next day, the problem is there again in all its glory.I just DO NOT believe this.When is this going to stop?

It looks like this topic can now be closed (again).For a few days now, my page and PHPMyAdmin have been working normally (touch wood, as, knowing my luck, whenever I post a message here about an issue being resolved, as soon as I go away from this forum and check the page again, the error is back in all its glory).Hopefully, this will now be the end of it, as it has been going on for far too long.I guess people can understand my frustration when you have errors that keep coming back in minutes, especially when they affect pages which you rely on for input and requests from your visitors. (In my case a newsletter subscription, shopping cart and comment and query form).Anyway, as far as I am concerned, this is now resolved (again).