xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Barclay

How To Open Multiple Tabs?

Hi all, I am using Internet Explorer and as to open a new link a window is opened. Is there any other web browser available which allows opening multiple sites? I think Mozilla is the one but other than Mozilla is there any browser available? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Heck all the major browsers have multiple tabs option; Internet Explorer 6. 7, 8, all versions of firefox and opera and of course Safari. Not to sure if Konqueror has tabs or not buts odds are it does.

Hi,
What is the problem in using Mozilla? It is the best browser. I also use Mozilla and recommend you the same. As you have said it allows opening multiple tabs in same window. Also you can install some add-ons which make browsing easy and safe. Like HHOT View, it is a browser add-on that lets you quickly view web content without clicking or leaving your current page. It allows quick, safe and click less browsing. You can download this free tool from here.

Hope this will help you out.

Very true! I wonder how someone can get to hate Firefox. I just dont know any reason why I would rate another browser better than Firefox. I've always wanted to try Konqueror on my Windows box but if it doesn't have tabs then I won't even try it. Hey you said IE6 has tabs. How do you enable them? I only know that if you install Yahoo! Mesenger and choose to instal tha toolbar you end up with tabs but I dont like the toolbar.Can you help? Even if I do'nt usualy use it I want it to have tabs.

As you said above the Yahoo!Toolbar is the only way to get tabs in ie6 as far as I know. I am also a AVID Firefox user on both my windows and linux boxes. Nothing is better and with the theme and plug-in extensions you can very quickly and easily make it your own. If you want a great email client try the Mozilla Thunderbird. I use the Lightening extension for calendar and the minimize to tray extension to keep Thunderbird off my desktop and out of my taskbar but yet it still runs, checks your mail for you and notifies you every time it receives new mail. It has preset options for Gmail and does a multitude of tasks.Mozilla is clearly the way... Trully safer and easier than any other browser I have tried.

Edited by rwperkinsjr (see edit history)

Hello everyone,I am not personally never had a problem with that, using Mozilla firefox .. But if you using an earlier version of Internet explorer then can't open more tabs .. With the new version 7 I think, can be opened ... But so many ways problem, why simply not install Mozilla Firefox or some other browser? :)

Yup just use Mozilla Firefox. It's the best tabbed browser around. I've used the latest versions of opera, internet explorer and netscape. I still find firefox the best for me.

Hate Firefox?How To Open Multiple Tabs?I do. Used it for years until it became such a ram hog. You can't do anything on Firefox without eating ram. It's usage only goes up, not down, unless you close it entirely. If another browser would allow multiple tabs for multiple link clicks, Firefox would never see me again. The newer versions of IE (newer than IE6) are nightmares if you need to actually SEE anything. They clutter the screen with so much garbage you need to permanently attach a magnifying sheet to your computer screen. I don't see anyone with a browser that has a clue about the real meaning of "user friendly".-reply by Proofer

Opening multiple firefox windows in windows 7How To Open Multiple Tabs?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to open multiple windows of firefox with windows 7.  Even if I double click on my desktop icon or go to file open new window, it won't do it.  I do know how to open multiple tabs, but sometimes I need two windows so that they can be side by side.  In my old computer with windows xp, I could easily do this.  Is there some trick with windows 7.

Thanks

Travis

Just hold "shift" down when you click the program icon in the taskbar and voila! It opens a new instance of that program. 

-reply by Andreas