xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

Activision | Blizzard

Believe it or not but the two powerhouse companies, Activision and Blizzard have merged to form "Activision Blizzard". This is huge news as both companies are brilliant at what they do. Activision help creating extremly popular games such as the Call of Duty series and the Guitar Hero series. Whilst Blizzard brings to the table even more popular games such as World of Warcraft, Starcraft series and Diablo series.

I'm not completely sure of the in's and out's of this merge, but it seems to me that Blizzard brought Activision which formed this new company. As Blizzard owns 50% whilst Activisin owns 50%. Again, I'm not entirely sure if my above information is entirely true.

Take a look at there website here-
http://www.activisionblizzard.com/

It looks like they'll still be two seperate companies continuing what their doing, but they probably work closely together more. If they released a game together, everyone knows it will be the best seller for that year.

If you have any more information let me know, plus if anything up here I've posted is wrong, make sure you let me know.

I have to say this is some wonderful news. Activision and blizzard joining is a good thing a very good thing I can't wait to see that new games that they bring out together.Hopefully they come out with games that are not MMO and mabey blizzard will have some doing in some video game console games now to that would be awesome.

This is great news, since both Activision and Blizzard "are" some of the top PC gaming companies, along with Crytec and EA.Hopefully they will continue to put all of their best effort into making PC games within the same quality of the Warcraft Series, and others!! Yay!

For a pair of companies that makes games you'd think they'd be creative, there new name is as catchy as Hemophilia is to women. Actiblizz or simular would at least show they tried and isn't actually that bad.

For a pair of companies that makes games you'd think they'd be creative, there new name is as catchy as Hemophilia is to women. Actiblizz or simular would at least show they tried and isn't actually that bad.

lol, you completely correct and couldn't be anymore right.

Well there is a lot more to it then just names, especially if your in the stock mark, but that is going into another direction. As for keeping the name like that I believe they will be able to mix both game crews together and of course do there own separate projects as well. Besides what change your name to something different and unrecognizable to gamers instead of doing some combination. Squaresoft and Enix went with square-enix and become a even bigger power house in the gaming industry.

Well there is a lot more to it then just names, especially if your in the stock mark, but that is going into another direction. As for keeping the name like that I believe they will be able to mix both game crews together and of course do there own separate projects as well. Besides what change your name to something different and unrecognizable to gamers instead of doing some combination. Squaresoft and Enix went with square-enix and become a even bigger power house in the gaming industry.

I learnt a lot more about this company mergement and yeah, your completly right. This merge is more about the money with stocks and shares. Also, I didn't think of it like that with the names. Their taking the fame and populality which both companies have built.

Hmm. Sounds pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of games they would make if they teamed up... I would try that game out for sure. They make totally different games genre-wise however, so I'm not completely sure how it would turn out if they actually did the merge-game making thing. And I never really thought Blizzard would be the type of company to do this type of merge... The website looks pretty sweet too.