xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Microsoft Rant. My Experience As A Customer

This isn't going to be one of those 'mac rules windows sucks' posts. This is why I dislike microsoft.It began with my desktop computer. The motherboard needed replacing, so we got it replaced then windows didn't work. the copy that came with the computer didn't work because the hardware had changed. The company that repaired the computer (I'm afraid of going in desktops, i don't mind putting ram in laptops though, its not as scary) installed windows for us How is a mystery to me, probably their license possibly. Fine. the computer works. Time to re-install all our programs. then there was the battle royale that was trying to get Microsoft office 2003 installed and activated. (The three license copy, the desktop, my laptop and the friend that we went bought it with and so technically this would be the fourth copy. I spent 5 days, explaining to microsoft customer service representatives all around the world. Every time i was (supposedly) talking to the next level of technical support each time. all of which said to uninstall and re-install each time. I said, I've already done this 3 and 4 times already and it hasn't worked, "Just try it again, you might get lucky" the most sophisticated thing i got other than restart it and reinstall it was remove the entries in the registry. none of which were successful in the end i was just given a new CD key. it took 5 days at at least 10 different people which was an absolute pain.Oh, while I think about it microsoft did their patented "Blame the manufacturer". How the manufacturer is responsible for a program not activating VIA TELEPHONE is beyond me. it really it.I don't believe microsoft has treated me fairly. Considering that it took me 5 days for them to give me a new product key. I did not enjoy this and as a result I will not be buying any more microsoft products unless it comes bundled with a computer I buy (not likely since I'm mac and not going back because all of my questions that I have about my mac machine, software that came with it (most of the rest is freeware) can be answered by the helpful staff where I bought the machine)

Wow...Microsoft isn't bad only on the computer aspect.The first XBoX was out in 2001. Ever since, all greeks kept asking for XBOX Live support in Greece.2005, XBOX360. Still no XBOX Live in Greece.It's 2008. We have nothing. We can only play by signing up as english or irish and exchanging our gamertags with greeks only.And one thing more.The silver (free) subscription DOES NOT INCLUDE MULTIPLAYER GAMING. I don't want to pay monthly just to play multiplayer! That's like, dumber than dumb.Microsoft :@

As much as it could have been handled better, you cant expect companies to just hand out new keys whenever you want them. The software is not cheap, so they don't want to give away, a free copy of the software, they cant be sure your not just faking the whole thing to get a new key to sell online, so it can take time for things which just need a new license key, to to be sorted out.