xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serendib

Spyware Spyware problem

Hello Ppl...I had this serious spyware problem that was really making my purse thinner and thinner. How many times i was shocked when my ISP showed me that i was using the net when i actually wasn'tAnyway i've used SpyRemover, and it showed me about 39 entries. I removed them.. Then certain ads continued to pop up.... So i tried another prog called Scan pyware. It gave me a blowing 486 infections with 95% of them at high risk.Yes i deleted them all, but still two silly ads keep showing up. I wanted to place the url they strike over here, but the damn ads have disapperared for the time being.I'll paste as soon as i catch themAny Advice ppl?

Ok ppl.I found out the links.They referer to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and count.exitexchange.com... and the weirdest thing is that they interchange their windows for ads.!!! So maybe this is one company using two links to get info???and it's VERY immune to both the antispyware programs i've used. So HELP ME. Open for any advice.I'm out to stop these spyware... :) cos i'm :rolleyes:

Standard procedure... Obtain a free copy of Lavasoft AdAware SE (Personal edition), which is located on the website http://www.lavasoft.com/. You can also try Spybot Search & Destroy, but both of are very similar in performance. Be sure to update them before you start scanning. Anyway, try doing this:Click on the Start menu, and choose RUN. Type "msconfig", and click on the "Startup" tab. Any programs that are suspicious can be disabled by unchecking the checkbox on the left. But first, try the "Add/Remove programs" option in control panel, and see if you can find anything related to the name of the spyware that is on your computer, then, uninstall it.

Hey, I'm Amy and I'm new here so hi!Anyways, I use Spybot Search&Destroy and it works pretty good so that's what I reccomend. It's the only program I've ever used for spyware. Just curious, are there any better ones out there that I've never heard of before?Amy

i use spybot like amy and its really good. my father also downloaded then registered Webroot Spysweeper. i don't trust it, because although it is a PC Magazing Editor's Choice, my computer teacher at school says specifically that it is spyware itself! (they use adaware at school.)i trust you know about good antivirus software and firewalls. if not, i suggest AVG for a good free antivirus utility. for a firewall, which is really important for your case, i suggest Sygate and/or Zone Alarm; both companies put out free versions.hope this post helps you! :rolleyes: alapidus

There is a spyware called CWS or Cool Web Search.. it is very hard to remove, and they release new versions every few weeks, even twice a week! So, there's this utility, that is updated very frequently, and is used only for this specific hijacker/spyware, that even Ad-Aware misses some versions...

CWShredder

There is all sort of information, on CWS, and spyware in general...

Also, I use AVG 7 Free, AtGuard as firewall, and Ad-Aware SE

Like the other individuals here, I myself use Ad-aware 6.0 and SpyBot: Search and Destroy. Every 2 weeks I run my computer in safe mode and scan with Ad-aware and then use Spybot to clean out the remaining garbage. I am thinking about using Microsoft's new Spyware remover which seems to be effective in removing Spyware from what other people have said who have already used it.

Ad-Aware

Spybot: Search and Destroy

Hello Ppl...

I had this serious spyware problem that was really making my purse thinner and thinner. How many times i was shocked when my ISP showed me that i was using the net when i actually wasn't

Anyway i've used SpyRemover, and it showed me about 39 entries. I removed them.. Then certain ads continued to pop up.... So i tried another prog called Scan pyware. It gave me a blowing 486 infections with 95% of them at high risk.

Yes i deleted them all, but still two silly ads keep showing up.

I wanted to place the url they strike over here, but the damn ads have disapperared for the time being.

I'll paste as soon as i catch them

Any Advice ppl?

41121[/snapback]

heres what you need to do. it is extremely simple. actually its so simple you dont even know how simple it actually is simmply. lol anyway you need to download a good program. it is called adaware se personal edtion, google it. i gaurentee this will solve it. you just need the best there is. and trust me this is the best! if you have any more questions regaurding spyware/viruses pm me, im no newb. lavasoft is an exellent develper they also make avast antivirus. that program is el exellente!

I've used a Hell of a lot of Spyware removing tools, I'd rank the syware romving tools as is:

1. Lavasoft Adaware (lavasoft.co.uk)

2. Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Free download @ microsoft.com)

3. Spybot Search and Destroy (http://www.tucows.com/preview/310138)

4. Spyware Blaster

You can see a comprehensive list of Spyware Removers by PC Magazine

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,978009,00.asp