xisto Community
mrdee

Error 28 (on Phpmyadmin) What does this error message mean?

I have a shopping cart system on my website.
It always worked before, but all of a sudden, when I try to access it i get "Got error 28 from storage engine".
Has that got something to do with the recent problems again, or can someone tell me what this error message means?

Thanks.
After posting this I noticed I cannot get into my PHPAdmin anymore.
It gives loads of errors:

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: SQLite: session write query failed: database is full in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (sqlite). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphpmyadmin/sessions/phpsess.sdb) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 42

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:42) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 99

What is going on at Xisto/Trap 17 lately?
Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I'm currently getting the same error when I try to use the search engine on my forum.

Could not obtain search results
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine

As for phpMyAdmin I have the same problem. I'm guessing its an issue with everyone?
Edited by Unknown_99 (see edit history)

Yeah its some weird write / storage error. I saw a few threads started by a few other members last night and posted one myself. I hope its been seen by the administrators already or someone who is able to correct this little problem.

And, something else I was wondering, it is mentioned here that it is a small and simple problem.Why do problems at Xisto/Trap 17 take ages to be fixed lately?Are they going down the pan, or what?

flagged for admin's attention, just in case BH or Opaque can figure what's the issue here. in the meantime, you can raise a ticket via Xisto - Support.com, since they really are the one who have access to the servers to resolve this. at least both fronts are covered for this problem (via Xisto - Support and via our forums here).

I have obviously raised a ticket with Xisto, serverph.However, with the last problem (email being down) I raised a ticket almost a week ago, and never received a response.I then resorted to Live Help Online, where I had a very rude, unfriendly and unhelpful person on the other end.Only during a second attempt did I find out it was a known issue.

I agree with mrdee. Lately Xisto has been having some issues. I'm alright with that because I know that all sites go through problems.The problem I have is the support. It takes so long just to get a response from support.Even in Live Support, it takes forever for the other person to figure out the problem.For some reason, when you submit a ticket as 'Emergency' you don't even get a responsewithin a day - at least in my case.

Hi,The phpmyadmin issue does seem a recurring one but please do not worry for the L3 (level 3) support admins have been reported of this error. As for the Live Response issues, I apologize for the whole inconvenience you all have been caused.OpaQue has been alerted of this issue and he is looking into it. He has been busy lately with other projects so he has not been able to check the Xisto scripts and so on.So I would highly appreciate your co operation even though it does get frustrating. Thank you once more for your patience

And I still have non-working phpMyAdmin too, which makes things bad in Wordpress (on which I run my blog). I submitted a ticket 2 days ago, i still haven't had a response from Nikhil (who usually responds to me on my tickets). The problem I run into when I run phpMyAdmin is the same as the topic starter mentionedI really hope this issue will be resolved sooner, as lots of things aren't working on my blog and I'm not happy about that.I am onwards thankfull to any mod or admin which responds to this.

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Storage space Error 28 SQLError 28 (on Phpmyadmin)

Error 28 SQL is an Storage space error.

I am no expert.. But I belive this:-

Seaching produces results, if there are too many results for RAM, (memory), then they are written to the hard drive, (server), usually in the /tmp folder on the server. If results are too big for this then... Crash!. Error 500, etc...

A biigger hard drive, (server), may help. Also the /temp folder may bey used for other stuff and a clean out could help.

-reply by SQL Error 28