xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xebay

Health And Standing In Front Of A Computer - Suggestions

Hello all,I'm working in front of a computer more than 8 hours a day till 6 month. Many of you do the same.So the questions are: HOW DOES THIS INFLUENCE YOU REGARDING YOUR HEALTH???WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO KEEP YOUR BODY IN GOOD HEALTH???I'm confident that everyone has something to say regarding this issue...Feel free to post, and have a nice day.

I spend a lot of time in front of a computer too, but I'm not standing, I'm sitting. Either way I think it's important to change your position occasionally, make sure you're not slouching and to take your eyes away from the screen every now and then to give them a break.If you can, walk away from the computer for a break and stretch your muscles.As far as general health goes, you need to do the same things that other people who stand all day for their jobs do and that is to eat healthy and get exercise. I don't think it's any different.

If you're really serious about exercise, there are people who set up their desks at a treadmill and walk while they work. That's probably not an option if you're in an office, but they do make little pedal things that you can put under your desk so it's like you're riding a bike.I agree with what's been said though; good, regular exercise while I'm not working at the computer, and frequent breaks to stretch and move around. Also be sure you're in a well lit area, since staring at computer glow in a dark room can be really hard on your eyes. Be sure you're sitting a reasonable distance away from the screen, and keep your fonts large enough to read without straining your eyes. Also, for your wrists, those wrist support things that you can put in front of your keyboard and mouse can make your area much more comfortable and prevent strain.In terms of general health, I make a point to keep all food away from my desk. This prevents me from mindlessly eating junk while I'm working, and if I need to take a break for a snack, I get a chance to move around and stretch.These things have kept me in good health, despite all the time spent in front of a computer ;)