xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moogie

Happy Birthday Canada! July 1 is Canadas national holiday

Today, we Canadians celebrate Canada Day.On July 1867, three British colonies, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the Province of Canada, joined together to become a federation of four provinces known as Canada. The Province of Canada, formerly Upper Canada and Lower Canada, was divided to become Ontario and Quebec.Originally known as Dominion Day, the name was officially changed to Canada Day in 1982, the year the Constitution Act patriated our constitution and the British no longer had any polotical control over our country.There is always a huge festival in Ottawa, our capital, with a parade, live music and entertainment and fireworks at night. This whole celebration is broadcast on national television.Locally, communities celebrate much the same but on a smaller scale. Fun activities for all ages, live concerts and fireworks at night.It's a day that many families spend time together or friends visit with each other.So, Happy Birthday Canada!

I do not know much about Canadialand, but happy birthday! ;)

Happy birthday! There should be an England Day - free day off school ;):)

I agree that England should have a national day off too. Everyone deserves a national day of celebration.

I think maybe the problem is that the British never had to declare independence from anyone. You had so many colonies though that over the years declared their independence from you ;)

o know im late on congrats lawl but ok i didnt even know canada had a birthday O.O well thats amazing haha ;) happy birthday canada ur awesome with your leaf on ur flag ;3 <3 but yea thats really cool i wonder if america has a birthday ._. maybe independence day not sure. lawl o well happy birthday again though >< XD