xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheKoolAidGuy

Best Wireless Router?

Yeah Linksys routers are the best, especially the LINKSYS WRT54G routers, and I have to say that I haven't had any major problems with it since I first installed this router about two year ago. I been tempted to buy a new router especially the ones that have BG and N with it, although after reading many reviews on the N routers I am glad I am saving my money as people been having problems with them and what not. I recommend checking out newegg and check out the reviews people give on some of the big name wireless routers.

I suggest that you get one that uses wireless-N technology. They are the fastest and the signal isn't confused when going down a hallway or reaching to a basement. These also have great range. I use one right now and my modem and router are all the way down the hall- about 100+ feet. The only downside is the fact that they are more expensive than wireless-g technology routers. But for the money, I think that N technology beats B and G by a longshot. But if you have a small house and don't need very much range, then a wireless-g router would do the job. But I think that a router with wireless-n technology is the best router out there.

The best router that i have came across and i'm using it rhight now is Netgear. I had linksys and belkin routers, they didn't do what i wanted them too. they slowed my connection and made me disconnect alot. I got fed up with them so i found a Netgear router and i love it no slowing down no disconnects and it takes in more bandwith than those routers. I couldn't be any more happeir with any other router.

Netgear and Linksys. Of course the wireless lan standard greatly affects the speed. B and G are common among most routers. N is the new latest and greatest standard. The best so far I have used is a Wireless N router from Linksys of Cisco Systems, very good reception and the ease of use and configuration options are awesome. Cheers.

I dont know what is the best, But I have a cheap 40$ Linksy's router and it works great. We have 7 computers in the house. Three wired and four laptops and it works fine. I have never had any problems with it, I dont think its gotten hot but I have not really checked it. lol I dont know much about routers but this one has done a good job been worth the money, and I never really looked at any others someone told me to get a linksy's so I did.

NETGEAR routers are quite good. I've used two versions and they seem to work perfectly without having any trouble. First version: DG834G. Second version: WGR614v9. I've got these routers for free from internet providers. For the DG834G I got from AOL. (I no longer use it but I still have the router lol.) The WGR614v9 I got from Virgin Media, which is my current internet provider. If you do not want to change your internet provider, you can just buy a NETGEAR router, usually around ?40 (its worth it) and modifiy the IP's to your current internet provider. NETGEAR routers also come with extra features, such as parental controls, portforwarding, port-triggering, security etc. So why not get a NETGEAR router?

I find that all netgear routers are good, but they have poor popularity and many sites that edit your router and require router editing, dont support it. In this case, I would suggest that you use a D-Link router, they have a very sleek design with 2 arials on their router on many models. They also have good support with sites that require router changing and have great support! They also can reach speeds of 54.00 MBPS easily and without a doubt, hardly ever break down. But I suggest buying it direct from store as if you buy it with an internet package, yeah sure its free, but the model will most definatly suck at speed and have a horrible design! So overveiw is that a good deign D-Link router to get! Also, the D-Link models also stick upon walls with the correct equiptment and expertiese! Thanks for reading my post!

Even though I never used them, I've heard a lot of good things about Linksys routers. I guess this is expected because they are made by Cisco Systems, which you know are the best in networking.I personally own an Edimax Router and I'm very happy with it. It supports the "n" technology which provides great bandwidth. Also, most Edimax routers come with a Wireless LAN USB that enhances the wireless distance and can give a wireless connection even to desktop PCs.

Edited by EinReaper (see edit history)