xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keego

Mineral Foundation Has anyone used mineral foundation before? is it good?

Hi galsI saw this commercial on TV alot of times about mineral foundation. they keep saying u use it by brushing it over ur skin.. its as if ur brushing away ur blemishes. and its good for ur skin.. i dnt noe if u guys have seen it. i think the price for the package is 30 dollars... has anyone used it yet? i want to know if it really does work as good as foundation.. u know hid blemishes here and there.. i just want a foundation for everyday wear but makes me feel like i got no makeup on . the ones i use sometimes makes me itchy and i start scratching resulting in me having mosquito bite bumps.

I haven't used mineral foundation before, but I think that if you have acne prone skin and you want to wear a foundation, mineral is probably the best bet for you.There are many different brands of mineral foundations, you should have a look and see which one is best. Some even offer samples for cheap so you can try out the foundations and colouring. I like to use http://www.makeupalley.com/ to search for product reviews, this should help you if you want to look up some of the brands you find out. ;)Just keep in mind that mineral foundation is like normal foundation, it may be slightly better for your skin than other foundations, but it's still better to not have anything on (in my opinion) if you can. I'm sure you can build up the coverage heavier to cover up any blemishes, but again, I haven't tried it before. If you have blemishes, you may need to invest in a concealerGood luck and I hope you like them if you do end up trying mineral foundations. ;)

I use mineral foundation. The ones that are good can cover anything, and with that I mean anything. There are thousands of brands out there, but I have my favourite. Some are better than others for your skin and for coverage. It is very different from brand to brand how good it is.

In my opinion mineral foundation is the best. Of course it depends on the brand, but some of them are so clean that you can sleep with them. I have tried one from Loreal (?) at it disappointed me. It was not 100% minerals, and even the lightest colour was not light enough for me. (I am a pale little monster.) If you have bad skin you probably need a concealer. But there are great concealers made of minerals out there! Minerals can be used to everything; rouge, eye-shadow, finishing powder, bronzer, foundation, lipstick, eye-liner and even nail polish.

keego: I do not know which commercial you are talking about, and I have probably not seen it anyway. I never think things I see on TV are good at all. Like that foundation from Loreal? Horrible. (The same with mascaras I have tried that was "wonderful" and "amazing." They stink.) I have found my favourites by asking others online, searched, reading reviews and such.

I order most of my make-up online. My favourite is Everyday Minerals. (EDM) I was very sceptic in the beginning; I thought it would not cover that good and that I would look horrible. I ordered a free sample kit, and it was amazing! The best thing my skin have tried ever. It looks natural, they have colours that fits me, it is 100% minerals and it is cheap. They have different formulas for different skin types. You will find something that fits you, I promise. It melts into my skin and it does not feel like I am wearing make-up, but still it cover everything.

Take a look at the SITE yourself. If you have any other questions about it I would be more then happy to help you! ;)

to Kitto : Hi thanks for the response. well my blemishes aren't too bad. but most of the foundation i use makes my skin too dry. and my skin is dry enuff as it is.. it makes my skin look flaky when the foundation isnt good. I've bought a very expensive brand of foundation in the past.. not mineral jst normal.. its from E funkhouser and it cost me 40 a stick of foundation .. or i think it was more. but the thing is , it still makes my skin dry.. i do try to avoid foundation but its hard when im going out because my skin tone isnt good. i am very pale .to Bluebear:thank u for the help. yeah i don't usually trust stuff on tv. but once i was up late and saw a mineral foundation called sheer cover. i wasnt so sure if it was good enough. the thing is its too expensive so i kinda think its a scam. i've heard bad things about it and good things as well tho.. but the bad opinions makes me very worried. so i rather not buy it. I think I've seen EDM somewhere on the net.. im glad u recommended it to me.when you wear makeup do you moisturise first? my skin is dry and i hate it when i have heavy makeup cause it makes my skin look all caky. i want to feel natural but look good in the photos i take when going out.. for say clubs or jst a nice dinner. I heard Sk-II is a really good moisturizer brand, heard or have used it before? or have any cream or moisturizer you would like to recommend? ;)ty

Well in my opinion almost all skin needs moisturising. (?) I clean my skin every morning and every night, and after that I put a moisturiser. I have that fits my skin type, so the easiest thing is probably to get someone that knows a lot about this to help you. I use a cream from Vichy Normaderm, but it is kind of pricey (at least here. Around 45$). Some love it, some hate it. I am thinking of finding a new one because it does not give enough moisture, but it does not clog my pores so that is good. I am looking for one that gives a lot moisture but still does not clog my pores, and that is kind of hard.

The problem is that most moisturisers contains ingredients that can cause bad skin. And we do not want that, right? I have hear jojoba- and olive oil are moisturisers but it would never work on my skin.

You have different brands than we have here so I have never heard of "Sk-II". As said; go to some saloon and ask someone that actually have the knowledge to help you. We have all got different skin and different needs.

But take a look at THIS SITE and see if you find something you like and that will work for you. If you read the comments you get information from people who have used it. It is a great site.

The great thing with EDM is that if I notice (after I have applied my make-up) that my nose is extra dry I just dab on a bit of moisturising cream from Natusan. (But it is very fat and not good for my skin at all.) Then I wait for a couple of minutes and take a bit more powder on the top. It works great.

So yes; I do moisturise before applying make-up. And that is something everybody should do.

ty for the helpyeah i use to use stick foundation and my nose got so dry and especially my forehead. so i always tend to put moisturizer over the top of the areas that were dry. I guess it helps alot.Thanks for the help though.Umm btw , you know how you gave me the link to the EDM site. i checked it out and there is a free kit.. i think you mentioned that you got the free sample kit to try.however, do you still remember weather you had to pay for shipping or not?Cause i went to checkout and it said please type in a price amount.. so i was like thinking huh? i thought you don't have to pay for it cause its jst a free trial kit. how big is it though? how long did urs last?EDM looked pretty good and very cheap.. id love to try it out.

When I order I always add a free kit too. I love it. You get 3 foundations, 1 concealer and 1 rouge. They are are 1gram. At the site they say that they are good for 2-4 applications, but I do not use that much so the last a while. I have ordered them 3 times, and only one of all the little jars I got are empty. ;) Yes, I had to pay for shipping. I do not care about it because it is not that much. ;) It is very good. I do not think the shipping costs a lot. Of course it depends on where you are living and things like that. EDM's headquarters are located in Texas, so if you live in the US it is probably cheaper for you. If you did not need to pay anything at all for it, I suppose everyone would order it and they would stop that feature. Well good luck then! If you have any further questions about EDM just ask. :)

thanks again. yeah its not expensive at all. im from australia tho. but yeah i guess ill give it a go cause they have so much colours im not quite sure which one suits me yet. ;) and btw whats the original glow, matte, and semi matte and all? which one do u usually choose?EDIT:I jst got a sample size fairly light mineral original glow foundation.. from EDM . it feels terrible on my skin.. some say it feels like u dont have any makeup on at all. i feel worse then when i have my stick foundation on. is there some sort of way you're suppose to apply it.. i jst use my normal foundation brush. though the mineral doesnt really cover as much as my stick foundation. makes me feel terrible.. feels like someone stuck tape on my face then pulled it off. >.<i am white so i thought id choose fairly light.. should i choose one shade darker? it suits my skin colour but doesnt cover much. what should i do >.<

Edited by keego (see edit history)

Wow, this is a very late reply. I did not notice that you responded before I searched around the forum today, so if this is too late I am very sorry.As it suits your skin colour there is no reason why you should order a shade darker, right? You should try to choose a different formula as the original glow does not cover much at all. It is just to give some cover and a healthy glow. The different formulas are made for different needs and skin. If you want a lot of coverage I would suggest the "Intensive" but it may be to harsh. "Matte" is also a great choice so I would suggest ordering samples of both formulas. You should use a kabuki brush or at least a (big) brush designed for the purpose of applying mineral foundation. EM has some great and cheap ones at their website, I have two of them and they are great. All you do is to take a small amount of the powder in the lid and then you should "heat" the powder up in the lid. (The test-boxes have a tiny lid, so you should rather try with a bigger lid or something else.) You do this by gently moving the brush around and around - remember to be careful as the powder tends to disappear in the air... Then you apply it in thin layers. You have to add more powder in the lid and repeat that thingy over and over again.As said you should buy a new brush - using old or bad brushes is just going to make your make-up look worse, bad or horrible. So buy a new one if you really want to see how good this is. I think EM's costs around 10 USD, not bad compared to some other brands. The brush should be soft, it should not "hurt" when you use it.