xisto Community
cw123

Help For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive! hard drive stops working randomly, please help

seagate sata hard driveHelp For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

I purchased my seagate hard drive for my laptop only 2 months ago and it has developed an unending ticking noise (I can here it in my sleep) Trying to get in contact with them is like having teeth pulled even though I registered the product when I purchased it. I now no longer exist. Vote with your feet don't purchase their products again.This product was recommended to me by a salesmen when I told him I wanted a samsung,he said it was like buying an hyundia compared to an ferrari.

-reply by jack

how to recover data from a crashed internal sata hard drive--please HELPHelp For My Seagate Sata Hard Drive!

Hi, 

My 100GB SATA drive in HP DV1000 laptop suddenly stopped wotking and I have replaced the hard drive with new one and it is working fine. What I need is to recover the data from old one. I brought the 2.5" enclosure and put the crashed hard drive in it and connected to a perfectly working notebook. But the sytem is not able to detect the attached USB drive(my SATA HD in enclosure). The DRIVE icon appears for couple of secods and goes off. PLEASE advise.

Regards

RAM

I just bought that disk (seagate SATA 500G) half year ago and found it stop working randomly, resulting the whole system to be dead. BTW, I am using Win XP. I tried to use seatool, provied by seagate, to scan and repair the error, the program stop at the half of the process. I even can't format entirely, just do quick format. I don't know what I can do and have been pissed off for a few days.
hope some people have this kind of experience and give me any idea. I don't want to loss my 500G data storeage.

thanks in advance.

Me too, I gambled took the 500gb portable apart, plugged it into new Biostar Motherboard winxp with Sata power and data cables that fit the 2.5" drive. It was recognized in bios, and all the 250Gb data there. I believe Seagate has big problem with their usb sata interface in Many of their portable HD's. Might be time for a class action. What good is a backup drive if it fails in 6Mo. Conspiercy ? to support their data recovery division? I probably won't get a new drive out of it, but I'll try. At least I can recover the data! What do you expect from China products? Cheep but not reliable!

The best approach is always to make an image of the corrupted hard disk and to use that like a backup. The original hard disk can be used for the attempts to get the data back. If something goes wrong during the attemps the back up image can be used to produce the back up data.

I just bought a macbook pro and I have my itunes library on a seagate external drive and I am trying to direct the Itunes to that library and it tells me it is lovked or I don't have permission

You can try with seagate file recovery mac tool to get back your crucial data. It is an excellent tool that had recovered all my data. If you are interested then text out your reply, will provide you the link.