xisto Community
Carson

Increase Upload Limit

I had this setting done before, but I replaced the file and need to know how to do it again. That is, increasing the max upload limit. It currently is set to 2mb(on my forum for uploading), and I would like to increase it. I think that the limit is software related and not host related. How would I go about setting up a limit greater than 2mb? Thanks in advance.

No, I didn't search the forum.

I was looking for a file to upload(such as .htaccess) to increase the upload limit on my forums software. This means my members can upload files larger than 2mb.

My host account's upload limit is unlimited(like yours, I presume). Which makes your post in that topic a bit confusing:

There is no restriction on *.zip files. The upload limit on each file is about 2 MB. And you are trying to upload 2 MB. Maybe your file is greater then 2x1024x1024 Bytes. I think you should use a FTP program like CuteFTP. I have uploaded 7 MB file before by using CuteFTP Professional 8.

I don't think there is an upload limit. Like I said, I think it is software related.
I did find the solution I was looking for. I edited a .htaccess file that was already there in my forums directory. I added the following line to it:

php_value upload_max_filesize 100M

The "100" being the upload limit in megabytes.
Thanks for your reply, Erdemir :D

There is no restriction on *.zip files. The upload limit on each file is about 2 MB.

Here I wanted to say 2 MB only when upload by a php file, but I see that you already find a solution to increase the 2 mb from php file.

php_value upload_max_filesize 100M

This could be useful.By the way time out is 300 seconds. So we must upload a file in 300 seconds or find a way to increase the 300 seconds time limit.

Thanks. Good luck...

What amirborna is trying to say (hopefully next time he will use better terms) is that the total uploading file size is controlled by your forum script.Therefore, without knowing which forum you're using any answer would be in a speculation. If you can tell us which forum script you're using perhaps someone with in depth knowledge of that forum script could give you better answer.