xisto Community
Carson

Allowed Memory Size Exhausted

I have a forum and content management system which both use the same database. A module on my forum runs an automated task to backup this database to my email address and also in a directory locally.

A couple of weeks ago I stopped getting backup emails, and when i run the ask manually I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10415192 bytes) in /home/marked/public_html/forums/sources/tasks/auto_mysql_backup.php on line 722

I need to get this working again reasonably quickly as I dont want to have to lose weeks of posts, members and content because my backing-up system isnt working. I've had to restore the database before, and luckily I had the days before backup.

Is this something to do with .htaccess? Can I "increase" my allowed memory size? What can I do here?

Thanks in advance.

You might need to re-write your backup script to perform the Database back-up for single Tables at a time instead of all Tables at once.Or back-up by date only. Depends on the db structure and several other issues, really.For instance, check Posting Dates of Posts and Topics and only backup the most recent ones.

Yes. You're just trying to insert too much data at once. When you backup, the data *HAS* to go through memory during data copy - which is limited. Backing up bit by bit instead of all at once avoids this memory limit.

This script that backs-up my database is actually a forum module. So it was written by someone else, not me. And it's options do not include backing up bit by bit. I looked through the options and changed them around to try and get it to work, with no luck.It makes it a lot more risky with out backing it up. If anything goes wrong, and it has in the past, we lose a lot data. And from the sounds of things, this module simply isn't going to work.

fatal error at cutenews Allowed Memory Size ExhaustedFatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10011 bytes) in /home/------/public_html/postnews/inc/shows.Inc.Php on line 349Hot to solve this problem-reply by Abdul

I have a question relating to a drupal installation with xampAllowed Memory Size Exhausted

I tried installing some additional modules to a drupal site that I'd installed with xampp and got an error message that read as follows, "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried toAllocate 10415192 bytes) in/home/marked/public_html/forums/sources/tasks/auto_mysql_backup.Php onLine 72"

Can anyone assist me on how to go about this?

-reply by Cli4d

Check your PHP memory_limit Allowed Memory Size Exhausted

This problem could be because of the PHP memory_limit being insufficient (if you are using heavy modules, etc.). Increase the limit in the php.Ini file accordingly. Also, you need to reassure yourself about the memory limit before you finalize on a host (most hosts will charge you for extra memory, check out their plans, etc.)