xisto Community
jjaenagle

What Is The Best Free Html Editor?

Bluevoda is a relatively good and respectable software. I reccomend SciTE as a plain bare bones text editor for programming. But then again, I still feel nothing can beat Dreamweaver at these tasks, with a really heavy price tag of course. Cheers.

dreamewaver it's good or you can use webpagemaker ( just googling to try it )

Thread title says FREE HTML editor and you recommended commercialware.

A recommended free HTML editor that have comfortable user interface is the CoffeeCup HTML Editor or the Notepad++.

I'm using Coffeecup HTML Editor.I think it's the best editor you can ever find.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the less updated one for free.But the recent one is only for 30 days trial.Hope you enjoy!:)

Notepad works pretty well for an html editor as others have said. It doesn't introduce any funny formatting and as soon as you save you can see the results. However, it gets somewhat irritating to me to have to close every tag, and it's hard to see your organization. I've tried many of the free html editors out there and there is always something that makes me mad, whether it is a lousy text editor or you get the false hopes and unsupported code in their "preview" utility. I've settled on Eclipse after all this. It is completely free, mainly a coding utility so you need to get the web design plug in to make it work for you. It's convenient, will color code tags, autocomplete, and supports most of the latest technology. Plus you now have a tool that you can use for any sort of coding. If your serious about development, you will eventually realize that most of the commercial ware is worthless and just the basics are all you need.