xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyy26

The Nba Finals What happened here?

All right, so its Lakers and Celtics in the finals. That seems a little odd, and ill tell you why.Last year tv ratings for the NBA were terrible, along with the Tim Donaghe situation, made basketball nervous. so they needed to get the fans back into it, so why not revive one of the greatest NBA rivalries of all time? You had Garnett asking to be traded last summer, and poof! Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen are in Boston. Then you had kobe complaninig in LA. Then in the middle of a cold winter night, Paul Gasol packs up and gets traded to the Lakers. And why not cause a distraction so people don't notice what the league is doing? For that they brought the Isehai and Dolan Circus to the Big Apple.This really looks like a stunt by the NBA to get a fan base back. What do you think?

Interesting conspiracy theory, but I rather see one of the best rivalries then anything else, but alas I don't watch basketball all that much. Either way though I won't be surprise if this goes to a game 7 wit hthe players that are on both teams but it would be good to see the Celtics put another notch on their belt with a championship title though.

First of all, I'll start by saying I don't believe in conspiracy theories when about a certain sports league pulling a stunt to gain back a few viewers. I just think that athletes are human, even though they may seem supernatural at times, and a basketball player cannot make any shot at any time just because somebody scripted it that way. Also, if the NBA wanted to maximize their audience for the finals, they would have had Cleveland overcome the seemingly invincible Celtics, thus setting up a Lebron vs. Kobe final. Nobody would be able to resist the temptation of Lebron, still young and perhaps destined to be the best player ever to strap shoes on his feet, against Kobe, who has solidified his spot as one of the all-time legends.

I think the referes are cheating. Like the houston rockets vs the jazz in playoffs, if you watched it, the reffs made some rediculous calls where even the announcer that talked during the whole game was like 'Ohh that's just wrong' or 'Ohh come on'Like once the guy was just TALKING, and he got a technicalMultiple times, the guy on defense STOOD there doing nothing but put his hands up, THE GUY RAN INTO HIM, pushed him 10 feet away and made him get on the floor, and the guy that just stood there and got pushed away got a flagrant foul

unfortunately, this could very well be possible with the NBA, for example: stern fixes the lottery so the Knicks can get Ewing, Tim Donaghe, and the recent allegations of referees making bad calls to get the Lakers to the championship.

If NBA was fixed, how did Spurs mange to win 4 rings in 9 years. They are probably the most ratings-unfriendly team in the league, yet the league decided to suspend Amare and Diaw last year. I'm a Spurs fan, but I don't believe there was a conspiracy to get LAL to the finals. Refs are only human too, they make mistakes same as anyone else.