xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontknowwhyibother

Take Responsobility

I'm quite adept to going on rants, so be warned.... I just want to point out two instances when I have had run-ins with parents over the last few weeks. It goes without saying that this riles me, ever so slightly (I said it, even though it apparently goes without saying) 1) Walking through the supermarket car park, and a man gets out of his 4x4 (don't get me started on those things), which is parked in a 'family' space. Now, as I understand it, this is exclusively for parents with young children who can't walk too far, if at all, correct? So when I see a man getting out of his gas guzzling, environment wrecking, hazard to other road users, armoured vehicle with his two children....approximately 9 and 11 years old I decide to say something. Nothing malicious; Simply "You forgot your baby mate". I was met with a tirade consisting of four letter words I wasn't even sure existed. 2) A shopping centre near me. A woman is stood just inside the automatic doors, asking her approx. 4 year old son if he's done. What's he doing? Urinating on the wall outside said doors. Now....I know children of that age do have problems in 'controlling it' but what annoys me is that there were toilets not 2 minutes walk away in the shopping centre. Let alone the public ones right outside the doors! Again, I did say to this mother 'Couldn't he have gone there?' (pointing to the toilets all of 20 feet away) and I was met with 'He had to go now' I'm not a parent, so maybe I'm not experienced to talk about these things, but could we please have some decency, sense and respect for what's around us?! It always seems to be the 'easy option' for these people and that if it involves moving then it's not worth it. I know it may seem like a bit of a sweeping generalisation but it's becoming more commonplace and I hate it. Yours sincerely A moaning git.

Hm... in the first instance you talked about, I honestly can see why the guy would have been offended, because your comment could have been taken as being really sarcastic and, while maybe he shouldn't have been in that spot, it could have been some special situation, I dunno, I wasn't there.However, in the second situation, that was just ridiculous... I totally agree with you that lady should have exercised some control over her son I mean... that's just disgusting to do in public, especially with the restrooms so close.Ah well, people are crazy, the masses are @$$es...sometimes. Just gotta deal with it I guess.