xisto Community
disneyreporter

My New England Moose Hockey Stats My Experience as a Hockey Goalie

This is my younger brother posting about his hockey team's statistics for the season: My games have been challenging as a goaltender for the New England Moose. My dad says I am one of the best goalies in the league. I have made many saves throughout my career. My best save of the season was a breakaway three on zero and I stoned the kids with a butterfly slide. My goals against average is 3.2083. I used to have a 2.0349 goals against average, but I had a really bad game where the score was fifteen to six. I think it because my team stayed up all night at a hotel until one in the morning and I had a full rack of ribs before the game. My regular season record was eighteen and six, and that was one of the best records I have had. Our team was in second place and the playoffs came. The first game was when I played good and we won seven to three. The second game I played tremendous. It was in the third period with twenty seconds to go in the game. The other team had a breakaway on me and they shot the puck. I swung my glove up and made a fantastic glove save with six seconds to go. Finally our team had won two to one in the round robin. Our team had made it to the semifinals, and we were facing the Bridgewater Bandits. Our team played pretty well and won two to one. We had made it to the champion game in the Eastern Hockey Confederation. My team making it to the championship game against the Minuteman Flames was an amazing upset on our league. No one thought we would make it that far. Our team had lost six to nothing in the championship game, but we still had a fun time playing.

Sounds like he had an awesome season. What level of hockey was that? I know Hockey very well, I have played it since I was 4 or 5 yrs old. I also referee and have done the Provincial Championships several times.Keep practicing. Keep playing. The harder you practice, the easier games will become for you. All the best in the career, and if you get really good and need a place to place as an 18 year old, you might get a College Scholarship. All the best.And keep your stick on the ice (a Canadian expression).

My brother responding again: Thanks for the comments! I'm a squirt major going into peewee minor. I played on a select team, so the competition was a lot tougher than the regular town leagues. I've been playing hockey for a few years, since I was about six years old. The reason I became a goalie was because I couldn't skate well, but after all of the intense training, I have become a great skater. Goalie is such an exciting position. My dad thinks I'll be playing for the NHL someday. He's hoping I get a fullride scholarship. I'd love to go to Boston College and someday play for the Vancouver Canucks.

Edited by disneyreporter (see edit history)