xisto Community
ivantoar

How Fast Is Your Internet? Please let me know how fast is your connection

Internet speed  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I live in Australia, and I dislike my ISP (Telstra Bigpond)My stated connection speed is 1500KBPS down, and 128KBPS up... Speed isn't that great, and I'm considering upgrading to ADSL2+ very soon...I currently pay around AU$75 for a 1500KBPS/128KBPS 25GB Liberty Plan (speed is throttled to 64KBPS/64KBPS if I go over 25GB, download/upload over the limit is free (so no, 0.01c per MB or anything like that :())I would like to go to TPG's ADSL2+ 24MBPS/512KBPS? (not 100% certain about the upload speed) for around AU$70 with 150GB (40GB peak times, 110GB off-peak), hopefully, the contract termination fee right now is under AU$200... :(:D

Now guys listen to this! I know most of you will not believe this but although my ISP says they are giving me 394kb/s I get less than 20kb/s down, 3kb/s up and no download limit(not necessary coz downloading too much is not posible with such speeds)I pay around US$20.00 and I'm told I'm on braodband. Now what do you think? Ridiculous, huh?That's Zimbabwe for you!

LOL I just tought my ISP is the worst, but there's another one (no offence). Anyway, is it true to know your download speed is by dividing your advertised speed by 8.53?So for example, A guy has 1 Mbit connection, so 1024/8.53 = 120.046blablabla.. So he'll download files (when full speed) at 120 kbps. Is it true or false? I hear this from my friend

But somehow it seems real. I run at 768 kbps and I can download at 90kbps (stable). Well I really do not have anything to say about this. Let's wait for another opinion about this

Hi all,This is my first post!I live In Spain and I?got a 20Mbit downstream and 1Mbit upstream connection.Depending on where am I connecting the download speed can up to 2MB/s.The price is 42 EUR, aproximatly 67 USD.It is planned to offer 100Mbit up/down in the following months but they keep saying it for years so I?m not sure when will be available.

Well I really do not have anything to say about this. Let's wait for another opinion about this.

Actully same goes with me too. I just figured it out with my connection speed. But weird, huh? Yours and mine different.

Maybe you should open another topic about this. Why they advertise bigger numbers, are they talking about byts?

Actully same goes with me too. I just figured it out with my connection speed. But weird, huh? Yours and mine different.
Maybe you should open another topic about this. Why they advertise bigger numbers, are they talking about byts?

Of course bits, I never see internet using bytes or kilobytes. Is there?

Hey hey, dont confuse me :) Well I know there are two different measures for data.1012 byte = 1 kilobayt1000 byte like something = 1 kilobyte something.I think i made spelling mistakes. What I meant on my previous post is.We download with kilobytes. Do they advertise with bytes? No, then we should have divide with 1000. But advertised 1025 bps speed is equal 100 kps in actual use. Once again, Im saying: I have limited knowledgo about the issue.Im opening another topic.

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

Tulsa OK USA no capHow Fast Is Your Internet?I live in Tulsa Oklahoma in U.S.A.Posted Image

I pay about 40 a month and have no known download cap. Speedtest.Net is an easy way of seeing what someone (or yourself) is getting without having to load the information again but it IS an image so if you can't load it (or have scripts blocked like me)

Download 18.37Mb/sUpload 3.35 Mb/sPing 27ms

ISP = Cox CommunicationsTest server is 5-10 miles away.

-reply by Stephen and