xisto Community
ivantoar

Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any Softwares Descriptive enough

This is only the graphics method.Still using Ctrl+A on Desktop all files including the invisible folder will be selected.This will not hide the file,so using Search option file can be found.Go to your file and right click it.Open Properties and check the hidden option.Now go to Control Panel,Folder Options,View,Do not show hidden files and folders.This is the real way and it will work better.Again if some person which knows comps comes they will found the file or folder simple.The only way is to try to remove using software,not right click then Delete,and empty Recycle Bin.If you need that file/folder,don't send it to Internet,just copy it to memory device and use software to remove file/folder.

unlock the folder for above locking method if u forgot the password.....................Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any Softwares

1. Open command prompt and go to that directory in which your locker exist(use "cd" command);

2.  type these commands exactly like this.

attrib -h -s -r "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

ren  "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" Locker

3. Now  your locker has been unlocked.

-reply by sourav

method to delete that folder created by naming it alt+0160Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any Softwares

just open command prompt and rename it

ren alt+0160 "New Folder "

del "New Folder "

-reply by sourav mandal

kawai, I think I had the same problem you did. When I pressed alt+0160, I just got beeps from the computer. I also tried alt+255. Didn't work either. I realized it had to be done on a number pad. I was using a laptop. You actually have to hold down two buttons. Alt, and one to access the other buttons on the keyboard. For laptops, I find that alt+0160 doesn't work. For me, what worked was:Alt+Fn+255

alt+0160 or alt+255 not working?Tutorial : Hide Folder Without Any SoftwaresIts because the alt+numpad(0160)only worksIt will not work with alt+number_in_top_row_of_the_keyboardU cant do that if u r using laptop which has no numpad-reply by Paul Robinson