xisto Community
ivantoar

Defraggler - Free Software To Defrag Your File Try it out

Have you all hear a software called Defraggler? Well if not, I recommend you to download this software.

What does it do?
Simple, it'll quickly defrag files you want to defrag, no need to defrag the whole drive. Useful if you have less fragmented file and if you hate Windows's original defragger. And it's free!

OS Supported and filesystem supported?
All Windows 2000 or higher (it'll be Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Vista. 64-bit support too)
It support NFTS and FAT32

Requirement?
Well not much, the EXE file even smaller than 1 MB (dont judge the power by the filesize LOL)

Screenshot
/defraggler

Download
http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

Enjoy guys

If you're looking for a commercial defragmentation program, I recommend Diskeeper. It defrags on the fly and you can set it to automatically defrag your hard drive when idle resources are available.

I don't recommend Diskeeper. Versions up to 10 used to be great, but after that it's *always* slowed down the pc more then anything else, no matter what pc it was put on. A reinstall is the only solution.

Thanks for the share :D

But wat if it screws up Windows Big time ?? Since its a beta version only ? Hve you tried this on your machine ? and Does it work ?

Did it improve your performance ?

Have you all hear a software called Defraggler? Well if not, I recommend you to download this software.
What does it do?
Simple, it'll quickly defrag files you want to defrag, no need to defrag the whole drive. Useful if you have less fragmented file and if you hate Windows's original defragger. And it's free!

OS Supported and filesystem supported?
All Windows 2000 or higher (it'll be Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Vista. 64-bit support too)
It support NFTS and FAT32

Requirement?
Well not much, the EXE file even smaller than 1 MB (dont judge the power by the filesize LOL)

Screenshot
/defraggler

Download
http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

Enjoy guys

Of course yes I've tried. I've using it for 3 months and defrag my disk almost every week with this program. Performance is better and 100% safe. You can trust me and blame me if anything happens to your PC

I love Defraggler, after finding it on pcworld.com I have used it ever since, about two months now as it gives you a lot of information about your computer and how fragmented it is. Well worth the free download and stuff and a lot better then the Microsoft version that is for sure.

Microsoft's defragmentator is actually based of a stripped down Diskeeper version. Of couse - they couldn't release an entire application and send multiple business into trouble. While I'm sure they have legal right to, Most of the commercial defrag companies could sue Microsoft.

Same thing happened when Microsoft was apparently giving anti-virus developers "a hard time." As soon as Microsoft tries to improve or change something that other vendors rely on, they always try to take a claim at Microsoft's money. This is properly the main reason why defrag, Defender, the firewall, etc sucks - because they are forced to so others can make money.

Symantec has launched a blistering attack on Microsoft's lack of support for third-party anti-virus updating their products for Vista.
David Sykes, Vice President Pacific for Symantec, said Microsoft is using bully tactics to make implementing third-party anti-virus software more difficult.

More here - dated September 2006

What does Vista have anything to do with this? There's currently two active threads on these forums about this; where you'll find that point completely nullified.

Guys it's a good thing that you are telling us about all these things but what I'm looking for is something that will defrag those files that will be left out by the tool in XP. That's why I'm looking for 3rd party tools.Can anyone help?