xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Can't Decide What Game To Buy

Well, recently I had my 8th grade graduation and I got $70 as a present. Well, I am wanting to get a game with my money. Only problem is I can't decide what to get. I am thinking of buying Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare for PC, but I am not sure if I can run it. I also am thinking of buying Warhammer 40k:Dawn of War, which I know I can run. Then there are different Nintendo Wii game I want such as Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Fit. I can't decide out of all these games. So I need some recommendations for games for me to get.

Call of Duty 4 is pretty outstanding and runs rather well for a next-gen game. I run it at 1400x900 with nothing else on and it still looks spectacular on my 3.2GHz P4, 2GB DDR2 SRAM, and ATI Mobility Radeon 256MB X600 laptop. (The X600 is considered a mid-range video chipset.) I think that it's a great buy and you won't be disappointed with that choice, unless you have really high standards for a game. (The only cons I found with the game dealt with some realism issues and the fact that the campaign, however immersive and awesome, is too short.)I can't say anything about Warhammer 40K as I have not played it.You also can't go wrong with a Wii game, although good luck on finding Wii Fit with the board. (Apparently it's a hot commodity that sold out quick on release.) Mario Kart Wii seems like a clear winner, although I haven't gotten it. You can also go with some safe Wii bets like Super Paper Mario and Zelda: Twilight Princess. One game I really, really thought was awesome was Rayman: Raving Rabbids. That game has to be one of the few games I've had the most fun with in a long time, and playing with friends is even better. (If you're looking for a game with a story though, the game disappoints, but the fun mini-games do more than make up for that deficiency.) Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2 was okay compared to its predecessor, but adds some features and still is rather entertaining.You could also save your money... :D

Twilight Princess was one of the first games I bought since I am a fan on the Legend of Zelda series. I really want CoD4, the only thing is the fact my computer has a Intel Pentium 1.46 GHz Processor, 1gb RAM, Windows XP SP2, with a Intel video chipset. It has all the features needed to play CoD4, but I have heard that my chipset won't run it. I think it is a Mobile Intel 965.

Well everyone bums over call of duty 4, but i know it's a terrible game, for the PC erm, I like age of mythology, you could pick that up cheap and still get a game. battlefield 2?

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

I have tried that website, and its results are nonsense. Most games it says I fail because of my video card, despite my video card having the correct features. I have decided to get Warhammer 40k, just cause I want an RTS game. Plus I played the demo and it is fun. It also is only $30.

If you're really huge FPS fan, go for Call of Duty 4. Me myself not buy it yet, but my brother does, so I've tried play it. Awesome graphics, realistic gameplay, and the most thing, AWESOME multiplayer. When I try to play multiplayer twice, I feel it so diffrent from Counter-Strike (you've tried CS, eh?). It's a lot better

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It's nothing compared to any other FPS shooter games. It's a revolution for the FPS games and you can have hunderds of hours of fun with it.. If you aren't that much of a first-person-shooter fan, go for Super Smash Bros Brawl, or Zelda..

You can't compare an integrated graphic card with a dedicated one . I played COD 4 with the following specs and it ran spectacular at 1280*1024 with most settings on high .I have an AMD 64X2 4600+ -2GB DDR2 dual channel -Gainward Nvidia 8600GT GS GLH 256 MB DDR3 625/1800/1400 -250 GB SATA 2 HDDI think my system is just over the recommended one .

The Readme file of Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare says the minimum system requirements are Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 2800+ 1.80 Core Dual processor and 512 MB Ram and Nvidia Geforce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800Pro.My computer is Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.80 GHz and 1024 MB RAM and NVidia GeForce 8400M G. And I am playing COD 4 without any problem. No slow.

Totally go with Mario Kart Wii. I am a huge mario fan.Perhaps i am a bit old school when it comes to gaming, but I LOVE MARIO GAMES!In addition, the Wii is a really cool counsel and the new Wii controls are awesome.If you get mario kart wii, definitely use the wheel controller!