xisto Community
chriscannon

Why Hate On Vista? What turns you away from it?

In my experience the way a OS performs depends sometimes on the hardware platform... for example a few years back I was very happy using Windows ME on my PC (AMD Athlon) while most people didn't even want to hear about ME!Also, though I successfully installed and used Windows 2000 on many machines I had problem with it on some computers and found that ME was more stable (?!)I think ultimately it's a matter of "luck" or maybe ability to build or get someone to build a machine whose components are not fighting against each other and with the operating system.As for Vista, well I had to set it up once for a friend and found it difficult to find drivers, but that was about one year ago so it might be better now, however the system seemed quite unstable with blue screen regularly showing up any time you attempted to restart or shutdown... as many have pointed out in this topic I also don't like the look of it so much but that's just personal taste and it shouldn't be what drives the choice (as others said the same thing happened when XP and, for me, 95 came out!) :D

In my experience the way a OS performs depends sometimes on the hardware platform... for example a few years back I was very happy using Windows ME on my PC (AMD Athlon) while most people didn't even want to hear about ME!
Also, though I successfully installed and used Windows 2000 on many machines I had problem with it on some computers and found that ME was more stable (?!)

I think ultimately it's a matter of "luck" or maybe ability to build or get someone to build a machine whose components are not fighting against each other and with the operating system.

As for Vista, well I had to set it up once for a friend and found it difficult to find drivers, but that was about one year ago so it might be better now, however the system seemed quite unstable with blue screen regularly showing up any time you attempted to restart or shutdown... as many have pointed out in this topic I also don't like the look of it so much but that's just personal taste and it shouldn't be what drives the choice (as others said the same thing happened when XP and, for me, 95 came out!) :D

Ive never had any bluescreens on vista, and I get them quite often on xp. I think that may have something to do with hardware too, though. But I will admit that im running some pretty interesting programs that may be doing something funky to cause the bluescreen... enough said.

I dont understand all this. Im getting a new PC in the next week or so. If Vista is soooo bad then why cant i find a new pc anywhere with XP on it ? Im not good with computers and stuff but have found one with the following:Graphics ATI 2400ProHard Drive Size 500GBMemory Size 3GBOperating System Windows Vista? Home PremiumPC Processor Intel Core 2 DuoPC Processor Bus 800 MHzPC Processor Cache 2MBPC Processor Model Number E4500PC Processor Speed 2.2 GHzSo if i bought a pc with them specs so to say would Vista slow my pc down lots ? Ive heard lots of bad things about Vista but never seen it or tried it. Someone said i can buy a pc with vista on and then uninstall it and install XP is this correct ?

I hear a lot of people talk about how bad Vista is, and how its gltichy and buggy and programs dont work... But can somebody please go into detail? Ive been using Vista for almost a year and I havent had any problems of the sort. In fact, I prefer it over my xp.
Could it be that those who havent tried it personally, don't like it? They have just heard horror stories? Or is it that somebody had a bad experience and then spreads those stories until it gets to the point where some people think vista doesnt even run properly?

Vista came built on my laptop, then I swapped for a bigger hd and reinstalled with the OS disk provided with the computer. Could it be that all the problems come from people who upgrade from xp to vista? Not just vista in general? And even then, that stuff was probably fixed relitavely quickly.

(On a side note my laptop is a tablet convertable and vista's integrated tablet/touchscreen features are great, apposed to having to get a different version of xp, or Mac's lack of any full sized tablets. [Hello, just make a bigger iPhone])

What are your thought's/experiences? Somebody please enlighten me unto these apparent extremely common glitches I seem to be missing out on.

Of course it could always just be a "beat up the other guy" marketing strategy by Mac...

Discuss.

i dont have vista personaly but i did spend a day using a friends computer and use other peoples once and a while. it wasnt buggy whenever i've used it but the permission stuff like "this is about to do this should we let it " comes up very often and can get anoying i bet. besides that,i did not see a lot of really bad stuff.

sometimes low end computers dont run a system has well as a high end one. for example i'm using XP but its running on a realy low end computer and XP performs pretty swoly and if i had the money i would love to switch to vista. about the upgrades i hear it's always a bad idea to upgrade OSes, so most likely an upgrade would be very buggy.

I dont understand all this. Im getting a new PC in the next week or so. If Vista is soooo bad then why cant i find a new pc anywhere with XP on it ?
Im not good with computers and stuff but have found one with the following:

Graphics ATI 2400Pro
Hard Drive Size 500GB
Memory Size 3GB
Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium
PC Processor Intel Core 2 Duo
PC Processor Bus 800 MHz
PC Processor Cache 2MB
PC Processor Model Number E4500
PC Processor Speed 2.2 GHz

So if i bought a pc with them specs so to say would Vista slow my pc down lots ?

Ive heard lots of bad things about Vista but never seen it or tried it. Someone said i can buy a pc with vista on and then uninstall it and install XP is this correct ?

the reason that most of them are running vista is probably because really soon microsoft is going to stop support for XP. yah i hear you can unistall vista and then install xp i dont know if it's true though.