xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KainRacure

How To Treat Women In The Workplace (from 1943)

This blog has a copy of a newspaper article from 1943 on how to deal with women in the workplace.

Their instructions include things like:
""husky" girls ~ are more even tempered and efficient than their underweight sisters."
Get a doctor to examine the physical "female condition" to see "whether the employee-to-be has any female weaknesses which would make her mentally or physically unfit for the job."
"Women are often sensitive; they can't shrug off harsh words the way men do"

It is insane how we used to treat women as some sort of alien creature. If anyone uttered words like this now days they would be either beat or fired. (and most definitely wouldn't be getting a wife or girlfriends for a LONG time)

It also is a little crazy that this stuff was actually printed in a newspaper (Which I presume women might read (back then most likely after the man was done with it))

Its no wonder women got mad and went off on a mission for equal rights.

http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/200_in_the_wo.html

Haha... this was rather humorous. :D Kind of neat to see how we've progressed and pushed for equal rights and such. It's not exactly something that's put into practice all over yet (as people are STILL being raised with gender prejudice towards certain things, like girls aren't supposed to be beating up boys or be into things that boys would "normally" find an interest in).

Hahaha :D that's brilliantIt's not sexist, though, as it's all true. (Btw, you should use the quote tags) I'm not saying we should slap a woman on the *bottom* and say "Oi, back to the kitchen!" but im saying that stuff like this is true, and will always be. It's not sexist to think this, coz there's things that even men do bad.It's impossible to have FULL gender equality, until scientists mix females and males together

Women should have sarted to fight for their rights a long time ago, right when men started with each other and with women, but we can not go back can we, no, so now we can only hope the majority of men evolve to the point of using a couple of brain cells or else women will still need to fight hardly and painfly for their rights for centuries to come, perhaps even more, that depends of how hard and how much effor they will put in it!I, as a man, am in favor of women rights, i am a liberal and i have education, a lot of education, plus i am smart and very intelligent, at least to understand that women can only have the same rights as men, it is so stupid to think men can do things that women can not or at least they think they can always do things better then any women, that is wrong and so ridiculous that it makes meliteraly sick just of earing it by television only, i just can not imagine if i ear it closely.One advice to women, start your fight everywhere, not only at work, start your fight at home with your husband, sons, family, brothers, et cetera, in the street, in the supermarket, in the video rental store, everywhere and for anything, that will be of a warning and a motivation for women, follow my advice and your will have the same rights, everywhere and in everything, equaly as men does.