xisto Community
mrdee

Form Not Returning Correct Email Address

I have just noticed another side effect of the recent server migration.On my web site I have a comment form.After filling in the form the user gets a confirmation email and I get an email to tell me someone filled in the form, and showing me the data that were filled in.First of all, I got all emails twice, but I think I managed to fix that in the PHP code.What is worse, though, the user still gets his/her confirmation and thank you email, but, instead of my email address, the From: field now gives an aaddress on the server my account is on, ie. the gamma server.Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?Please tell me I do not have to fiddle around with the PHP to do that (I only have basic knowledge, made the form with Coffeecup Webform maker).I hope I can do it with changing settings in my Cpanel.Any help will be much appreciated.

If you could post the code here, perhaps someone can see what is going wrong and fix it.Without the code, we don't stand a chance of fixing it.

"From" is a header that is sent when using the mail function of PHP. Check out example #2 found here: PHP: mail. I'm assuming that your Coffeecup Webform maker asked you to provide your e-mail and used that for the header.

I have had a look at the example, still looks a bit too complicated to me to find a solution. Funy thing is, it all worked perfectly before the server migration, so I never suspected the PHP to be at fault. 

The default e-mail address is with webbie (ending with vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk) and would, therefore, get placed in the "From:" header if no alternative e-mail is provided. According to the script, the default CC address is with info (ending with vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk). I haven't fully examined the CC one, but checking all of the "From:"s, i see that all deal with $_POST, with the exception of the no alternative e-mail as previously mentioned. So, either these aren't the e-mails you want or an alternative e-mail address is being provided when the form is submitted.

Thanks for your input so far,I remember there was a small issue with the Coffeecup program, where I had to set a Cc: because it did not send back to the From: provided.It is the Cc: one (the 'info') one that I want the confirmation sent to and the one which is displayed in the confirmation email.However, as stated in my first post here, I did NOT have that problem until after the server migration.