xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hulunes

How Many Languages Do U Master the more the better

as a college student i must master English besides mother tongue chinese after graduation.lukly i should study only one foreign language,and i must mater English greatly.we must pass English step exam every year,as far as coming to TOEFL the highest level in my nation.because English is very popular and abroad everywhere,many people learn it in China,which is a good trend...

i know that many member of Xisto come abroad,so must master more language than me.do you think the other languges you matered is much useful and how many do you master?

Knowing more than one language is a wonderful thing to have under your belt...Besides English, I have studied Spanish for about 8 years, with the last few being the most extensive. I read the language somewhat well, I can write it even better, but I still have a lot of trouble speaking it fluently. Knowing all the different tenses can be confusing at times. Oh well, I'll keep trying :rolleyes: One day, I hope to learn Italian, and then try it out in Venice! Woo!

Whoa, nice job so far hulunes. How long have you been studying English? I was born in America but my parents aren't American. I'm Chinese-American and I speak Mandarin and English fluently. I took French for 4 years but I just got sick of it. It's a really nice language and all, but it eventually got boring and it was hard for me.....plus I'm lazy. I want to learn more French....but I don't. I also want to learn Japanese. I started studying it by myself, trying to get the hirigana and katakana, but I forget to practice them everyday so I'm not doing as great as I had hoped. But it's all good. I just kinda wish I could read and write Chinese #_# but...I was lazy when I was a kid too....so no hope for me of ever learning another language. >_>

Hulunes, keep on trying. English is considered to be one of the most difficult languages to know. I would agree because it doesn't always follow hard line rules. I took Spanish when I was in highschool eons ago but I have been trying to develop it...mostly when I go to mexican restaurants. One time I even received a free drink from the waiter for trying to speak his native tongue...so it has its advantages. I would like to eventually speak it fluently because where I live the spanish community is growing at an incredible rate.One related question though...is "baby talk" considered a foreign language? :rolleyes: See you on the flip side...Byrdhouse :)

Hulunes, keep on trying.  English is considered to be one of the most difficult languages to know.  I would agree because it doesn't always follow hard line rules.  I took Spanish when I was in highschool eons ago but I have been trying to develop it...mostly when I go to mexican restaurants.  One time I even received a free drink from the waiter for trying to speak his native tongue...so it has its advantages.  I would like to eventually speak it fluently because where I live the spanish community is growing at an incredible rate.

One related question though...is "baby talk" considered a foreign language?  :rolleyes:

See you on the flip side...

Byrdhouse  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

er,really like what said.English is very important to me,to my life...i must learn it intently much.in fact the aim of my coming here Xisto community is not only to get a free web hosting,also practise my english...as if i have achieve my plan in here,Lol: by talking with many friend here and write some post with good thread.i will try my best in Xisto ,especially in English!

hmm, I know, English, Irish and German.. I have learnt some basic french, but, meh, I've forgotten most of it.I know Swiss German. ?_? but, it uses german as a written language.

My first language is Thai, my second language is Laos, My third is English and my fouth is Japanese ... well i havent mastered japanese yet but eventually i will! I can also read Sanskrit but i dont understand them ....

Hmm I got only 2 language. Thai,English. I understand that every day english is so important in our life it can use every where in earth. So I try to use my english every day in this forum. I know I typing in wrong sentence :) cause my english is not so good.But I try to use the basic sentence for every one to understand my post Erkkk :) I wish I will go to learn chinese language too. Because chinese and japan language is use to apply for job in many manufacture here if we know many language the more chance to apply for the job. :rolleyes:

I am a Chinese, obviously my first language is Chinese. My second language is English and my third language is Putonghua. Finally my forth language is Japanese, but I haven't mastered Japanese very well till now. I thing Putonghua is an important language is the future because I believe that China will develop very fast in these few years and that will of course create many job opportunities.

I am a Chinese, obviously my first language is Chinese.  My second language is English and my third language is Putonghua.  Finally my forth language is Japanese, but I haven't mastered Japanese very well till now.  I thing Putonghua is an important language is the future because I believe that China will develop very fast in these few years and that will of course create many job opportunities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ohhh,that'so good guy,i am very envious of you,who can master several language over 3.mater many language ,certainly the more the better,which could lend you to work well in any field.the job opportunities you metioned in our nation is aiming at those people.come on,to be successful...

I am Serbian,so that makes it 1 .Also,I speak English. My German and Russian are not that good,because I didn’t have the opportunity to speak them for many years after the school.Now I have started to learn Italian also,as it is very nice language.I will maybe go to live and work in Italy.I hope I will be able also to re-work on my German at least,so that would be 3 foreign languages that I speak well.

I have Mastered 4 languages and now i can understand more than 6-8 languages in India.......The Languages i know are English, Marathi(Mother tongue),Hindi,Telugu(Living in AP)......With these languages i can know the other remaing languages in INDIA like bhojpuri,gujrati,punjabi and many are there.......India is the place where you cant learn all the languages present in it,in one LIFE...You need more than one LIFE to Learn all the languages present in INDIA......And I LOVE my country for this and there is a lot to say about INDIA......Thank you....