xisto Community
AbdurahmanL

My Cat Gave Birth To A Cute Kitten!

awwww so cuuuuute :lol:, Hard to say what color it will be besides white, but I would say go with Argos, that way he can be a tough little kitty.

aww, he's adorable. He looks like he could be black and white. I had a cat that looked like that, we named him T.C. he was a very tough cat, he killed a rattle snake with his bare teeth. What gender is it? then we could suggest some gender specific names too. I'm not very good at names, so T.C. will be my only suggestion. Good luck naming and raising it though!

Definitely cute! Congratulations :lol:As for the name.... lets see now.... how about "Neko"? (pronounced 'neck-o'). It basically means "cat" in Japanese, and sounds a bit cute, so.... er.... seems logical?But its your decision in the end, so do let us know what you decided! G'luck!

Yeh, it would help knowing if it is a male or female. I won't suggest anything specific since I don't know which it is. How about finding a neat name that strikes you on a map. Sometimes a little-known city, town, or village name can offer unique ideas for you. If this was a single birth, perhaps something to do with being one of a kind might do as well. I tend to think along more unconventional paths.

Gato (pronounced Gaw-tow) is cat in Spanish.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Out of curiosity, what happened to the rest of the litter? It's unusual for a cat to have but one kitten. At any rate, I need to know the kitten's sex before broaching a name suggestion, though I'll let on I'm fond of human names for non-human animals - and vice versa. My Russian Blue was rescued from a shelter and aptly named, Vladimir Putin -though he's much cuter than his corrupt human counterpart. The other kitty is coal black and named Nigel, which stems from the Latin for "black." May as well get descriptive and creative with your appointments rather than lazy with the usual pet names (If I see another dog named, "lady"....). After you name him, I suggest you have his mother altered so she doesn't have to get pregnant again, as we have a terrible problem with unwanted cats and dogs in this country. I assume her pregnancy was the result of being allowed to run loose in the streets and alleys. Not good. Not good at all. Just visit any animal shelter or talk with a veterinarian and you'll see what I mean. There are simply too many unknowns for street life to be safe for any city or town cat. Once your precious little kitten is old enough, please do the responsible thing and get him altered as well, and if you are in the city, make sure he's an inside cat else he get hit by a car, in a serious cat fight, stolen, or poisoned by a cat-hater (they're out there). Altered, indoor cats live longer, healthier lives and make for better companions. End of lecture. All the best to you and your bundle of joy....

I find the name "Bluebear" quite interesting... even though that adorable little kitten is a boy or girl, it fits! And then the name kind of sounds a bit gorgeous... haha. No, I am serious: Name the kitten after me, me, me! Another good thing about it is that if you mistake the sex of the kitty, (you think it is a girl, but it is really a boy or opposite.) it is great. What a cute animal. I noticed that others over here suggested names in Spanish and Japanese, so here we go;Norwegian. (Not going to help you with the pronouncing, haha.)Blue - Bl?Bear - Bj?rnCat - KattKitten - PusekattAnd another one of my wonderful ideas;Kitten In My Backyard = Kimb.No, but seriously just choose a name that you like and you think that little adorable kitty would fancy. :lol:

Omg that kitten is so cute! And congratulations!About the altered thing I agree with Misanthrope. Having more than 4 pets can be extremely tedious to manage, and you always run the risk of getting more and more kittens unless you get them altered. That's what we did to our pet dog anyway.And yes we would need to know the gender of the kitten before we can suggest viable names.It's so cute though!

Yaaaaaaaay kitties! I love kittens. :D Did your cat only have one kitten? Or is that the only one you can keep?As for names . . . I'd partly name him after a favorite character. That's what I have a tendency to do. That, or if he has a strong personality, give him bold name that goes with it. My cat's name is Jack. I was going to name him Sebastian . . . but it didn't really work for him. He's always prancing about with his tail up (he's very confident) so naming him (unintentionally) after Captain Jack Sparrow fits him. Does your kitten remind you of anyone or anything? Also, a while back a stray kitten showed up on our doorstep. It was late at night, so we named her Luna because her eyes looked like golden moons. So, pointing out a characteristic, I think, is the best way to name in cat.Oh! And that reminds me. I read somewhere that cats respond better to names that end with an "ee" sound.

sfdaljdsaflj cuteness! His markings are similar to my cat's (Jack). How old is he now? If you still haven't named him yet, you might want to wait until he's old enough to be playful to name him--that way you can pick out a name that's just right for him.

He still doesn't walk. I think he's a week and a half old now. Also the mother is small, so she gave birth to only 2 kittens. The first one is this, and the second one, black and white, was stillborn. :D So only one survived.

I'm sorry . . . my boyfriend's cat just recently gave birth to kittens, too. She had four, but one was stillborn also. That's got to be terrible. >< But in a few weeks he should be up and about . . . so I guess that gives you more time to think of a name. :D

wow, that, sadly, is the first time I've seen a newborn kitten.Now I want one :Dand of course, I'll say: "Awwwwwww. its so cute~"Strangely enough, I think I would call him charles or charlie...

Ive got another picture of him! This time his eyes are open! Isn't that so cute! Also, I've decided to name him Kit-Kat. Nice name, dont ya think?

Posted Image