xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Incredible Rising Gas Prices Gas Out of Control

Something I would like people to think more about when comparing gasoline prices, is how much money a normal person earns in the different countries. Comparing prices directly can be misleading, due to the fact that people just do not earn the same amount of money. Those little (or big) numbers on a persons pay check can be quite different even though they have the exact same job, just that they do not live in the same country. You must also thing about taxes and things like that. It just make things even more expensive. The amount of money people use on food can be very different from country to country. In many cases that is not because some eat more than others, but simply because the food costs more money.

Let me give you an example;
Gasoline prices from 2006, found here.
I also used a currency calculator. This one.
This is just to show you how different prices can be... I am showing it in litres because I have no idea how gallons works.

The price of one litre of gasoline in 2006...
Norway: 2,06$
Canada: 0,97$
Australia: 1,16$
Qatar: 0,28$

See what I mean?