xisto Community
Ivan

Sup Guys A little confused

Hey guys, how is it going? This site definitely looks great! But I don't understand. So how do you get your own forum? I dunno, I am a complete n00b. Thanks for any help you guys got!

Hi Ivan, welcome to Xisto! If you want to set up your own forum then you will need to get hosting. To do this, you need to earn credits by making good quality posts. Once you have 10 credits (for the basic package) or 30 credits (for the better package) then you can apply for hosting. Once you are hosted then you lose one credit per day, so you need to keep posting to stop them dropping below 0. To get your own forum just upload one of the popular forums like AEF, phpBB or SMF to your hosting account.

There is a lot more information in the Readme which explains how everything works. I also recommend you check out the Rules and AUP to make sure you don't break them.

hi ivan :lol: ,Welcome to the XistoIt's simple just post in the forum and get hosting credits. as told by rvalkass. but one thing you should not forget is to not to spoil the forum for hosting credits. just go through the rules once before you post.

Welcome to Xisto Ivan.

I would strongly recommend Xisto hosting. Many are happy with it, and so am I. Sometimes it can be a bit boring posting in the forums, but it is all worth it. Xisto is a great community where you will get new friends.

Remember that one liners are considered as spam, therefore they will probably be deleted. Making good quality posts is important, because that is what matters here. The amount of credits you get depends on the length and quality of your posts. Fair right? :lol:

If you have got any further questions take a look in the Xisto README. If you can not find an answer, there are many kind and helpful members at the forum. You could also send me a PM. (Private message)

It is always nice to meet new members, and I am looking forward to hopefully see you around the boards. :)

Good luck, from Bluebear.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am glad to be here. Here is another nooby question... how do you know how many credits your currently have? Just wondering. And how long does it normally take to start hosting a site? Thanks again,Ivan

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am glad to be here. Here is another nooby question... how do you know how many credits your currently have? Just wondering.

Take a look at the forum index page. Your credits are displayed in the yellow box just underneath the shoutbox.

And how long does it normally take to start hosting a site?

Depends how quickly you make good quality posts :lol: Most people get enough credits within a few days, then they apply for hosting and it can take another couple of days for an admin to approve it.