xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GrinningKittie

The Power Of Prayer Energy at its focused best

What is prayer really?

Think about it for a moment. Prayer. It is the moment of focusing your energy ( your thoughts, wishes, desires, needs whether for yourself or another).
Sure a lot of people don't see it like that. Most see it as a communication with Deity ( Dear God, Dear Jesus, Dear Goddess, Dear Shiva, etc). If you are religious I'm not going to tell you that praying ISN'T a form of communication or connection with your deity. I would just like to add to it. :lol:

I would like to touch base on the power of that focused energy. The power of prayer. No, you do not have to be Christian in order to pray and recieve any benefits or see any results. Nobody has the monopoly on personal energy ( regardless of what others may say). Praying can help relieve stress and bring a calmness to oneself. Well, I bet many of you already knew that. It's not like THAT's a news flash.

Did you know that prayer can PHYSICALLY affect things? No I am not talking about making the blind see, calling the autism out of someone ( my grandpa-in-law, bless his soul, meant well when he prayed over my daughter...) or making quadripeligics whole again. People tend to expect ALOT and fairly QUICKLY. Praying though ( channeling your focused energy with an precise intent) has been documented to have an impact ( and of course it has been documented to be hogwash too; of course there are always two sides to any coin).

For example there were examples done on bacteria. "Let's get some bacteria and divide them into two phials. Alrighty then. Now let's put them both in optimal growing environments.Check. Now we're gonna leave phial A alone to grow nicely by itself. Have fun fellas! Let's take Phial B over here and have some people pray over it to grow, grow, grow and thrive for so many minutes a day, so many times a week during the duration of this experiment."
The results were that the bacteria in phial B had almost doubled in growth.

Dr. Rubik is looking into the new view point in the medical world where energy healing is addressed, attempted to be scientifically proven, experimented with and still looked down upon as quackery in many circles. Here is what she said in a similar bacteria experiment.

Dr. Rubik explained the results of experiments which she had done using healer interactions on bacteria. In cultures of bacteria which had their motility inhibited, 7% to 12% of the bacteria recovered motility after healer interaction. Also, bacteria slightly inhibited by antibiotics grew twice as fast when "healed" as when not. The argument presented against the results of this experiment was that the heat from the healer's hands could affect the growth and motility of the bacteria. However, Dr. Rubik denied this argument because the said that at no time were the healer's hands ever close enough to the test tubes to transfer any heat, and also that the room temperature was already close to 80 degrees because that was the optimal temperature for bacteria growth.

You can check out more on Dr. Rubik at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dr. Byrd did an experiment in prayer at San Francisco General Hospital CCU in the early '80's on prayer. There was a noticeable difference in recovery, deaths, and even over all wellbeing between the prayer group and the control group. You can check it out here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Still not convinced? How about that old adage "seeing is believing"? Check out this link to see the effects of prayer on water crystals. It's really interesting. http://www.hado.net/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

Prayer does not necessarily have to be a religious thing either. In fact I'm not even batting for it from that view point at all. And yes I am well aware of all the experiments that point to how questionable prayer can be ( that is why I think many people find it mysterious, religious, something questionable, uncomfortable or even a bunch of hooey).
I'm coming from this just from the point of view as describing prayer ( with or without religious intent) as focused energy. Focused energy has been proven to be a real thing, whether we are watching a martial arts master pound his head through four cinder blocks and survive without a scratch or we are watching a laser cut in the detailed facets to a diamond.
So why is it so hard for us to harness and utilize our own energy?

Any how it's something to look at, think on and maybe even try. After all it doesn't cost anything and doesn't need a manual to put your hand to.

:)

Notice from truefusion:
Quotation marks aren't Quote BBcodes. Addressing...

Prayer, meditation, equalling your theatons. Whatever you call it, it's all the same. It's not really "healing power" or "boosting your spirit" or "improving your zen" it's simply making yourself feel better by psychologically believing you are.The best way to put this into an example would be to think of someone with a compulsive disorder. For example, someone who has to have the objects in their desk in a certain way. If they're not in the correct order, the person will feel on edge, etc, but if they are in the right order, he will feel calm, relaxed, and sometimes safe.When someone prays, meditates, etc, they calm themselves and relax, increasing the mind and bodies functionality. The person believes that they're making themselves feel better, and so the body does, im not sure of the science behind it, but your body begins to "work better" because you're not as stressed.My opinion anyways :lol:

Let's re-look at the definition of prayer. You say there's no manual to teach someone how to pray, but how does one pray? To whom do they pray to? What does prayer involve?

Prayer, meditation, equalling your theatons. Whatever you call it, it's all the same.

(Though i quote Dagoth, i say this in connection with where i left off before the quote.) Prayer and meditation are two different things, where one takes the time to ask for things or be thankful, while the other is just to become relaxed and requires a clear mind. If one didn't believe there was someone on the other end that hears you, wouldn't they believe it to be silly to pray? For who else would you be talking to except yourself? People are labeled "crazy" when they talk to themselves. This is where meditation comes in.

So...

What is prayer really?

When you define what prayer is, you mix things up—this makes things confusing because of what you go on to say. You say that prayer is when a person starts focusing their energy (this implies spiritual energy), but you go on to include outside sources of energy (i.e. physical energy) (see your example of a laser and the link to water crystals). By using a laser and water crystals as an example, you remove anything personal from your definition of prayer [1], making a laser or water crystals, prayer.

The only reference you give that even gives a definition, though implied, for prayer is the Byrd study. The Rubik one only mentions the word "prayer" in the title, but it doesn't give a definition for it, and that's not enough to conclude that prayer is focused energy. Also, the title includes the word "love" though the article has nothing to do with love, so the word "prayer" could have been chosen for the same reason as the word "love."

I'm not going to tell you that praying ISN'T a form of communication or connection with your deity. I would just like to add to it.

The way you presented everything is contrary to the way you "would just like to" do something. So, indirectly, you are telling the "religious" that prayer isn't communication with a Deity.

So why is it so hard for us to harness and utilize our own energy?

You're using a loose term for "energy," which one do you want us to assume?

As i see it, you did not prove your definition of prayer. The Byrd article does nothing to convince because it adds opposing criticism. The Rubik article doesn't explain what they mean by "healed" and the experiments are questionable. The Byrd and Rubik article deals with human involvement along with your definition of prayer, so i'm not entirely sure where you're going with the water crystal thing, as they can form on their own.

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

(your thoughts, wishes, desires, needs, whether for yourself or another)

(Though i quote Dagoth, i say this in connection with where i left off before the quote.) Prayer and meditation are two different things, where one takes the time to ask for things or be thankful, while the other is just to become relaxed and requires a clear mind. If one didn't believe there was someone on the other end that hears you, wouldn't they believe it to be silly to pray? For who else would you be talking to except yourself? People are labeled "crazy" when they talk to themselves. This is where meditation comes in.

Well, yes, they're done in different ways. But what i'm saying is, they both have the same "end result". One relaxs you by clearing your mind and becoming, well, relaxed (meditation) while the other one relaxes you by feeling all your badness/worries will be cleaned, and your good deeds rewarded (This may sound slightly offensive, but im trying to give a brief over-view of prayer in general).

That's just the point i was trying to get across :lol:

Well, yes, they're done in different ways. But what i'm saying is, they both have the same "end result". One relaxs you by clearing your mind and becoming, well, relaxed (meditation) while the other one relaxes you by feeling all your badness/worries will be cleaned, and your good deeds rewarded (This may sound slightly offensive, but im trying to give a brief over-view of prayer in general).
That's just the point i was trying to get across :lol:

Mhmm; i saw that point, but having the same outcome doesn't make them the same thing. The logic you present is this: They have the same outcome, therefore they're the same. Is rubbing wood together the same as using wood, gasoline and a match? Is a hand-forged sword the same as a machine-made sword? But at the same time, in your own post you show differences between prayer and meditation.

Hellosies again!I guess I came off kinda jarbled.I'll try again :lol:The power of prayer broken down ( as seen in my views):Is not STRICTLY a religious thing ( at least from the angle I am coming from).:)What I am talking about here is the focusing of one's energy via the title of prayer. I am not DISCLUDING the power of prayer soley due to Jesus, Buddha, Mary , God or whomever. I'm just putting another angle on it to show a non- religious ( or even a non- mainstream) view point to it that is available to everyone.Under this angle Jesus, Buddha, Mary, God ( whomever) would be a FOCAL point ( think some mental picturesque/tangible bridge) for you to use your own energy.BTW while prayer and meditation may both bring a sense of calm I am not saying they are the same thing. With prayer one usually has a point of focus ( LOOSE example: Dear God, Sally is sick real bad can you please look after her?) while with meditation one is slowing themselves down so that one CAN focus ( possibly with a mantra such as Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, pronounced as Nahm mee -oh ho reng kay kee-oh though can be drawned out as Nahmmm mee -oh hoooo reng kay kee- ohhhh , a much used by Buddhist sutra-).In my examples used in my first post I was not trying to insinuate that one prays TO the bacteria, water,patient, etc. I guess I came across a bit off. I meant FOR. NOT TO. This means one is not praying TO anything or anyone to do anything. Instead this means praying ( or focusing energy via as examples lightening a candle for strength, praying to God, Jesus, etc, or sending personal energy with a precise goal) to help facilitate FOR said thing or person. I used the water, bacteria,patient, etc. examples as a plausible, physical, visual, focal point. Our society these days depends so much on the whole "seeing is believing" bit ( and due to the technology of say photoshop- as an example-, even THAT is suspect to every detailed eye). I thought I would try to give some "tangible" examples to explain. Not to confuse. I do apologize for any miscommunication.So what does this mean for God,Jesus,Mary,Buddha, etc.? Not a whole lot really. If praying TO helps you focus in your intent for a FOR then by no means don't stop. By no means am I saying that you are you wrong. I'm not saying that a said deity is NOT involved.I'm just saying that there is more involved in the power of prayer than the intervention ( or the expectation) of deity ( no matter it's origins or perceptions by individuals). That "more" factor is the individual him/herself. It starts with the person first before it can be carried out by the self or anyone/anything else. ;)

even i too have great hopes in prayer. i have always heard it comes true and it has for me.. what about you all. dont know how is this magic happen now and then but still it haapens somethimes.

Here's what I have learned. The Universe is a total submissive servant to consciousness. It is literally a giant genie that instantly creates what the mind chooses to believe is real. Prayer is ok but the best kind of prayer is a statement of what IS. If you ask for something in your prayers, you are telling the Universe that you do not have it now. So that is what is created. When you state what you have already, then it is created in that instant.

If this explanation seems too mystical, then look at the scientific world. Quantum physics is the basis of all science. The dominant theory within quantum physics at the present time is that the universe does not exist separately from consciousness. Unless a mind is there to percieve a spinning atom, it literally does not exist.

This doesn't mean you have to be looking at something, just holding it in your mind. Right now you "know" the earth moon and stars are all there, so they are. You are holding them all in your consciousness.

Religion has robbed humanity of this knowledge by tricking masses of humans that they have nothing to do with the creation of the universe. You are "small" it is good to be "humble". If you dare say that you are just as powerful as "God" then you are afraid to look arrogant or even insane to others. Once you accept that you are just as responsible for the creation of the world as God is, then you are free.

When you pray you create. Think about how a prayer starts.."Dear God...etc" by saying this you are putting your consciousness outside of yourself. As there is no such thing as something that is "not you" the universe creates the illusion that you have demanded. That God is outside yourself and somehow much more powerful. this was your choice from the start.

Instead of prayer, make the decisions yourself. I have become very rich because of this knowledge and everyone has the right to know. Be the god you are praying to and say: "My friend is safe and protected" instead of "Please protect my friend and keep them safe" . See the difference?

BE GOD.

I think that praying by itself doesn't has a lot of meaning. Even so, I still think by focusing on what I wanted, I have gotten better results. It's more like connecting God to ourselves and, and if anything goes well, we get the 'illusion' that someone maybe is really listening to us. Coincidences exist, and sometimes even if you pray the bad thing still happens. Praying makes us feel more powerful, and think that we are protected. It sure makes us feel better, like someone is there for us.

Edited by ackotheadvertiser (see edit history)

Think about it for a moment. Prayer. It is the moment of focusing your energy ( your thoughts, wishes, desires, needs whether for yourself or another).Sure a lot of people don't see it like that. Most see it as a communication with Deity ( Dear God, Dear Jesus, Dear Goddess, Dear Shiva, etc). If you are religious I'm not going to tell you that praying ISN'T a form of communication or connection with your deity. I would just like to add to it. happy.gif

I would like to touch base on the power of that focused energy. The power of prayer. No, you do not have to be Christian in order to pray and recieve any benefits or see any results. Nobody has the monopoly on personal energy ( regardless of what others may say). Praying can help relieve stress and bring a calmness to oneself. Well, I bet many of you already knew that. It's not like THAT's a news flash.

Did you know that prayer can PHYSICALLY affect things? No I am not talking about making the blind see, calling the autism out of someone ( my grandpa-in-law, bless his soul, meant well when he prayed over my daughter...) or making quadripeligics whole again. People tend to expect ALOT and fairly QUICKLY. Praying though ( channeling your focused energy with an precise intent) has been documented to have an impact ( and of course it has been documented to be hogwash too; of course there are always two sides to any coin).

For example there were examples done on bacteria. "Let's get some bacteria and divide them into two phials. Alrighty then. Now let's put them both in optimal growing environments.Check. Now we're gonna leave phial A alone to grow nicely by itself. Have fun fellas! Let's take Phial B over here and have some people pray over it to grow, grow, grow and thrive for so many minutes a day, so many times a week during the duration of this experiment."
The results were that the bacteria in phial B had almost doubled in growth.

I get your point.

Its something that I noticed when I was quite a young kind. I used to pray alot..but that does not mean that I said out the words or hoped to be communicating with even the Almighty, it was something that was more of a wish but with a spiritual aspect to it.

Prayer goes hand in hand with persistence and I also feel that it is more of wishing but with the calling of the Almighty to interven and ultimately make the prayer materialise.

Prayed does help and even subconsciously, my desire to succeed forces me to pray for success at times when i am not even aware!

Prayed helps you to focus as well and gives that needed push for one to keep trying and not surrender to fate!

From my perspective i would say Prayer is talking to God, pouring out your heart to him. There is a Prayer of thanks-giving when God Almighty does wonderful things in our life, prayer of protection while warriors go out in the battle field to fight for their country, prayer of prosperity and good health.

And this can only be said to God and no man. Because we cannot pray to man for thanks-giving or protection or prosperity and good health. These things can only come to us through a supreme power who has the capability and ability to answer. And Prayer is a key to every closed door in our life which can open only when you put your faith in God at work.

Prayers helps. People who are not into it, they cannot understand what it really is...but there are people who connect with someone supreme only through prayers. The best example I can give was of Mother Teresa. For her prayers was everything. Prayers use to inspire Mother Teresa a lot and prayers use to motivate her to a great extend. The only thing she use to say that in every suffering person, she use to see Lord Jesus Christ and my prayers is the only source of light in me. Great Lady with great passion for suffering people. I use to see my mother and grandmother. They use to completely rely on prayers. Prayers use to charge them like fire. They sound very peaceful, happy, full of joy. Like after prayers they feel very lighter. I can define Prayers as another way of communicating with your supreme.