xisto Community
OpaQue

Opaques Update About The Servers And Migration. Xisto Server Migration

An Official forum Update... Finally about the Server Migrations

Well, I am sure most of you were waiting impatiently for me to speak on the forums but I want to heartly apologize to all of you. I can just say one thing.. "We did our best". I would firstly like to thank all the forum members who were in touch with me during the migration and took the effort of letting everyone know about the migration. My special thanks to our Staff who managed the forums and also kept their side with Xisto. I m grateful for this amazing team work and have no words to thank everyone.

If you were wondering, Why ALERTS were not given out?

I work with a company in USA, California called Psychz. I need a US base support to do research work and deploy setups like a cluster. This base helps me being located in India and invest openly and securely with the help of my trusted partner. Things were going as planned when suddenly I got the alert that plugs have been pulled and Migration was started. I was pretty confused myself of what was happening because the Migration was planned but not scheduled. Without wasting further time, I started checking up with the DNS settings to make sure our main websites https://xisto.com/ and Xisto - Support.com are up at any cost to let our members know about the ongoing migration.

Instead of posting at the forums, I alerted the Xisto - Support.com news section which automatically updates the feed on frontpage of Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto and Xisto.

Xisto and Psychz have a LARGE number of servers which were been co-located at a DC formerly known as Calpop. The facility no longer wanted to accommodate our needs in regards to power, or cooperate with us in regards to remote hands. It got to the point where the owners no longer wanted our business when we requested additional fibers from other carriers to allow better and faster speeds within our network. Later I realized that my partner hurried because he was given 3 day time to move once we had settled the payments with them. Nor did he had time to communicate properly nor did we had time to assume anything. All we knew that we trusted each other and we followed the instructions. BIG number of servers were moved manually and IP forwards were carried out serially to make sure no mess up happened.

From the past week, Entire staff of Xisto and Psychz were working round the clock for 15+ hours according to each ones capacity to handle the tickets & chats being hammered on our system.

There was a bit of further delay because of Gamma server which broke down suddenly during the migration. We had to stall the plan for fixing it inorder to continue migrating the remaining servers and as soon as we had time, We got Gamma upgraded with brand new motherboard, upgraded it to Dual Xeon and added an Extra GB of RAM. The kvm setup was done and controls were handed to our Support Dept for getting the re-installation done. Well, its our style to get the best out of everything. :lol:

In our new facility we have quite alot of space, power, and bandwidth to grow. We have core router running and will have a secondary core router to handle any future growth or attacks. Some of you may have seen the network improvement in regards to speeds. This is because we have access to over 400+ ISP for peering!

Our current changes include our own IP space directly where we can migrate 20 years down the road if needed with 0 DNS porpagation. The IP will move to any facility we move to. Secondly we have added 400 ISP peers that will allow your connection to directly connect to your machines without many network hops. This will allow visitors from UK, to Asia market to browse your website in a better optimal rate.

Thirdly we are currently located in the XO facility where there are many carriers, uplinks. Our network now has the ability to peer, and move ISP in incredible speeds. Finally since we're located in a facility where many ISPs are housed power , back upsystem, UPS, and air flow are properly maintained.

We are confident that this bump in the road will allow us to achieve the stability, and speeds that other networks wish they had. Again I do apologize for this emergency move, but the instability of the system within the facility were damaging quite alot of our equipment which many may have experiened within the past week of migration.

Details about the new Faciliy & Network we are connected with:-

XO?

Member of Network World 200

More than 4,000 employees

$1.43 billion in Revenue (2007)

Headquartered in Herndon, VA

Network Assets

Approximately 1 million miles of metro fiber

An 18,000-route mile nationwide inter-city network

Nearly 1,000 central office collocations

More than 3,000 fiber-fed buildings on net

Fully peered T1 IP network with more than 100 private and public peering relationships

28-31 Ghz spectrum in 75 markets

Customers

Serves businesses, government, carrier and wholesale customers nationwide

More than 90,000 customers, including:

50% of the Fortune 500

Federal, state and local governments; regulatory agencies; and educational organizations

13 0f the world’s 25 largest telecommunications companies

The five largest U.S. wireless companies

The five largest U.S. cable companies

2 of the 5 most popular search engine companies.

More information:- https://www.xo.com/about-xo

I thank all members for the unbelievable support, understanding and co-operation. I never had imagined such a support from any client base. Now I feel proud to service my growing customer base and I promise to keep up with our given commitment for the new Beginning :-)

Cheers! :-)

Warmest & Best Regards,

Shridhar M. Pare

Owner / Founder

Xisto Corporation

Thanks opaque... Well at least Gamma's been upgraded! I was happy to wait since Xisto is a free service so any downtime i dont mind, my site does very little at the moment anyway. Whats happening with the tld and non subdomain domain names?

I used to work in a Central Office that had a lot of XO links and I concur that they are top notch, absolutely rock solid and I'd be comfortable housing my own network server in any of their facilities. I'm glad you've landed there, Shree, and I sorry it took so long for your partner to make the move. I guess in a perfect world we would've hardly noticed, but the world is far from perfect. Keep up the good work.

Thanks opaque... Well at least Gamma's been upgraded! I was happy to wait since Xisto is a free service so any downtime i dont mind, my site does very little at the moment anyway. Whats happening with the tld and non subdomain domain names?

All Domains / Parked domains / Subdomains which are not working.. Send list to CH-SUPPORT -> https://support.xisto.com/ immediately. Mention the Server you are on.

-Shree

All Domains / Parked domains / Subdomains which are not working.. Send list to CH-SUPPORT -> https://support.xisto.com/ immediately. Mention the Server you are on.

i see this is on Xisto - Web Hosting forums, and CH-SUPPORT is for support on Xisto - Web Hosting hosting... but i would suppose Xisto hosted members are not left out on this invitation, correct??? :lol:

i have raised tickets at Xisto - Support with the following references: Ticket ID: BUR-901314 and Ticket ID: LIE-678330

BUT the department i've selected for those tickets are Xisto - Support and not CH-SUPPORT. i hope they carry the same weight, same if it's not directed to CH-SUPPORT department. :)

Those who read my posts know I can be unabashedly bold and cinical when expressing concerns or suggestions at this forum, as I did recently when voicing my ire over not being notified of the migration (it vexes me still). But I also believe in giving credit where credit is due. After I learned of the Xisto trouble ticket protocol, I submitted a ticket to CH-SUPPORT as advised and promptly received a courteous and professional response from administrator, Velma (who had probably had no sleep by that time). This was followed up by an email from Opaque, who had personally synced my DNS record, allowing me to again access my website and cPanel. His message also included detailed instructions on how to address issues on my end. I was pleasantly surprised to find that none of my data had been lost during the migration, and a new cPanel that is asthetically more pleasing to the eye and superior in functionality. Hats off to all xisto staff who worked tirelessly to bring us these improvements! Tonight, I shall drink a shot of fine single-malt whiskey in thine honor. :lol:

i see this is on Xisto - Web Hosting forums, and CH-SUPPORT is for support on Xisto - Web Hosting hosting... but i would suppose Xisto hosted members are not left out on this invitation, correct??? :lol:

i have raised tickets at Xisto - Support with the following references: Ticket ID: BUR-901314 and Ticket ID: LIE-678330

BUT the department i've selected for those tickets are Xisto - Support and not CH-SUPPORT. i hope they carry the same weight, same if it's not directed to CH-SUPPORT department. :)

Please do not hesitate to put ANY DOMAIN sync Requests to CH-SUPPORT dept.

Some people don't even know about the migration and they panic on our support desk. We are giving TOPPEST priority to CH-SUPPORT as peoples business and their emails are in concern.

I apologize for not giving proper time to Trap/Asta Dept. But I will get them cleared today :-) My promise.

-Shree