xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k4m1k4z3

[cartoon] The Avatar Legend Of Aang

I couldn't find a cartoon / anime type forum so I decided to post it here.

Any ways does any one watch this cartoon?

Any ways here is a quick plot about the cartoon, This has to be one of my favourite cartoons ever, It's simply amazing.

I've watched every episode yet that has been aired, I'm not really sure if it's completely finished yet, I live in new zealand.

Here is a quick plot

A century prior to the series' opening, Aang, a 12-year-old Airbender of the Air Nomads' Southern Air Temple, learned from the elder monks that he was the Avatar. Usually, the Avatar is told of his or her true identity after turning sixteen; however, the monks feared that a war between the four nations was on the horizon and that soon the Avatar would be required to maintain balance and order in the world. Shortly thereafter, the monks decreed that Aang would be separated from his guardian, Monk Gyatso, and sent to the Eastern Air Temple to complete his training.
Confused, frightened, and overwhelmed by these recent events and his new responsibilities as the Avatar, Aang fled from his home on his flying bison, Appa. While traveling over frigid southern ocean waters, a sudden storm caused Appa to plunge deep into the sea. Threatened with drowning, Aang unconsciously entered the Avatar State, and used Airbending and Waterbending to encase himself and Appa in an ice bubble, forcing them into a state of suspended animation. The ocean currents propelled the bubble into the icy waters surrounding the South Pole, where it could not thaw, and instead formed into an iceberg.

The series opens one hundred years later, with the Fire Nation on the brink of victory in its imperialist war. All Air Nomads are believed dead. The Water Tribes are in crisis — the Southern Water Tribe's warriors have left to wage war, leaving their home defenseless, while the Northern Water Tribe, though largely intact, is continually on the defensive. The vast Earth Kingdom is now the only true barrier to the Fire Nation's world conquest, but as the Fire Nation continues to encroach on its borders and conquer its territories, hopes of victory grow bleaker with each passing year.

Two teenage siblings from the Southern Water Tribe — Katara, an inexperienced Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka, a warrior and caretaker of the tribe — discover and free Aang and Appa from the iceberg. Aang soon discovers to his horror that, during his absence, a century-long war has been waged. The very year he vanished, Fire Lord Sozin, then-ruler of the Fire Nation, took advantage of both the Avatar's absence and the Firebending-enhancing powers of a passing comet (later named "Sozin's Comet" in his honor) to launch a war on the other nations. To Aang's shock and disbelief, the Fire Nation's opening gambit had been a genocidal assault on the Air Nomads. The Air Temples were stormed and the Airbenders slaughtered in the Fire Nation's effort to break the Avatar Cycle, leaving Aang as the last known Airbender in existence.

As the Avatar, Aang's duty is to restore harmony and peace to the four nations. Along with his newly discovered friends Katara and Sokka, his flying bison Appa and his winged lemur Momo, and later the blind Earthbender Toph, Aang travels the world to master all four elements. During his quest, he must constantly avoid being captured by the banished Prince Zuko and, later, Zuko's deceptive sister, Princess Azula.

Although normally years of disciplined training are required to master a single Bending art, Aang must become a master of all four and defeat Fire Lord Ozai by summer's end, when the return of Sozin's Comet will give the Firebenders the power to win the war. If these events come to pass, not even the Avatar will possess the ability to restore balance to the world.

Notice from truefusion:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Use quote tags, not quotation marks, when taking material from outside sources. Thank you.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I watch Avatar and it is awesome. Though it could use improvement when it comes to animation and structures, I am probably just being biased because of my over-anime-exposure. Well the good news is Avatar is not over. The Book III episodes are still coming out, it's up to 15 as of now and will keep coming. My favorite character is Prince Zuko because he's so flawed in a way. First off he's not an ordinary hero because he was once a bad guy. Second of all, he has a huge scar on his face, taking him out of the limelight of a typical Oedipal hero. He's also relatively weak, he can't just go all out and beat someone without having a hard time. Also his relation with Mai makes him so cool XD Even when he was a bad guy, I liked Zuko because of how deep they made his character, though he may not be as deep as others, he wasn't a typical bad guy, since he saves Aang when he wants to, chases glory, then finally betrays the bad guys.

Replying to Okara KAmiI disagree with one thing you said. In the last episode, Zuko proved that he was extrmely powerful. I think he would have beaten Azula if Kataras' life had not been in danger. Zukos' anger was holding him back. He was never a "relatively weak" character.

this is my most favorite episode. I was just wondering. Is the defeat of firelord really the end of avatar? does it mean there will be no more episode coming? 

I have watched the whole episode in just one day. And I like to watch more if theres more.

the story was great I love it. I hope for more episode..

will there be any more avatar episodes.....[cartoon] The Avatar Legend Of Aang

I have watched avatar to the end and I'm expecting more. I guess I was just amazed at the story I justcouldnt stop watching. The anime was very good. Better than the any anime I have watched so far. 

I hope for more episodes to come...

-reply by dragon

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/57844-cartoon-the-avatar-legend-of-aang/ to Okara KAmi</a>
I disagree with one thing you said. In the last episode, Zuko proved that he was extrmely powerful. I think he would have beaten Azula if Kataras' life had not been in danger. Zukos' anger was holding him back. He was never a "relatively weak" character.

My favorite part of the last episode was when Aang took away The Phoenix's King's (A.K.A Fire Lord Ozai) fire bending. I still don't know what happened on the very last episode when Zuko went to his father in jail and asked him, "Where's mom?" I wish I knew where his mom was. All I heard was that she was traded, became a slave in the Earth Kingdom (Fire Nation Colony, I think), or died. Reply to me if there was another episode about this last question. I can't wait for the movie, "Avatar: The Last Airbender"! I'm so excited to see it!