xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KansukeKojima

Open Grave Chili

Well, it seems my favorite record label (Open Grave Records) has recently released a chili recipe.... as odd as that may sound, it looks like it would be hot enough to condense global warming into a year long process.

I have yet to try this out, as some of the ingredients can not be purchased at your average grocery store :lol:. I would also like to mention that this is dangerously spicy, and if you do a little research about some of the ingredients (especially the spices), you will soon see why. This is is definitely not a chili that everyone will enjoy.

I myself hope to try this very soon, and I hope that it won't completely eat away at my intestines either :).

SOURCE: http://www.opengraverecords.com/

OPEN GRAVE CHILI
So you might find it a little funny for a record label to release a chili recipe. However this isn't just any chili recipe! The folks at Open Grave love hot food, ok maybe not hot food....but REALLY FREAKING HOT food. In some of experimentation this recipe is something that we came up with. WARNING: THIS CHILI IS EXTREMELY HOT!! WHEN PREPARING WEAR GLOVES AND AVOID ANY TYPE OF EYE CONTACT!

Ingredients:
2 pounds of Ground Beef (cooked)
1 Large can of Tomato Sauce
1 Large can of Diced Tomatos
2 Small cans of Pinto Beans
2 Small cans of Kidney Beans
2 Packets of Chili Seasoning
1 Scallion Onion (chopped)
2 White Onions (chopped)
12 Red Savina Habanero Peppers (chopped) (up to 580,000 scoville units)
12 Bhut Jolokia Peppers (chopped) (up to 1,041, 427 scoville units)
2 Eye Droppers of Pure Capsaicin (up to 16,000,000 scoville units)

Mix all of the above in a large Dutch Oven and cook for 30-45 minutes on the stove top.

Bhut Jolokia Peppers and Pure Capsaicin can not be found in grocery stores. Shop online for these ingredients by searching on google.

Definition of a scoville unit: The Scoville scale is a measure of the hotness or, more correctly, piquancy of a chili pepper. These fruits of the Capsicum genus contain capsaicin, a chemical compound which stimulates chemoreceptor nerve endings in the skin, especially the mucous membranes. The number of Scoville heat units (SHU) indicates the amount of capsaicin present. -Wikipedia

And here is the Scoville Scale itself:

Scoville rating Type of pepper15,000,00016,000,000 Pure capsaicin
9,100,000 Nordihydrocapsaicin
2,000,0005,300,000 Standard U.S. Grade pepper spray
855,0001,041,427 Naga Jolokia
350,000577,000 Red Savina Habanero
100,000350,000 Habanero chili, Scotch Bonnet
100,000200,000 Rocoto, Jamaican Hot Pepper, African Birdseye
50,000100,000 Thai Pepper, Malagueta Pepper, Chiltepin Pepper, Pequin Pepper
30,00050,000 Cayenne Pepper, Ají pepper, Tabasco pepper
10,00023,000 Serrano Pepper
5,00010,000 Wax Pepper
4,5005,000 New Mexican varieties of Anaheim pepper
2,5008,000 Jalapeńo Pepper
1,5002,500 Rocotillo Pepper
1,0001,500 Poblano Pepper
5002,500 Anaheim pepper
100500 Pimento, Pepperoncini
0 No heat, Bell pepper

Well, if anyone here is brave enough to try it out, I certainly hope that they will.

This is interesting and pretty funny! I love spicy food so I honestly wouldn't mind trying, and it actually looks kind of delicious. Maybe I'll try it out and let you know :lol: