xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Richard Burns Rally (rbr)

After reading another thread about rally games here at the trap, someone mentioned RBR as being their favorite rally game. I hadn't heard of it but I decided to give it a go. I looked around on the 'net to see what I could find and downloaded the game to check it out.

MY GOD! THIS IS ONE SERIOUS RALLY SIM! It responds like no other racing game I have ever played, the cars are not forgiving, but are very responsive and realistic handling. This game is 4 years old and still has a huge number of dedicated players/modders because this is known to be the most realistic rally sim about. The graphics are not great by our up to date standards, but honestly I am enjoying rallying so much they are certainly fine.

Screenshot

I would honestly tell anyone to give this game a try. It is amazing as realism goes and also fun to play. It takes a LOT to master! and I mean a LOT to get used to the way the cars handle, but stick with it and have patience and it really is great fun. I love it so much, its now got me into rally games, especially as the subaru is the car you get to use and it has always been a favorite of mine. I just ordered a Ł150 logitech steering wheel so I can experience the rallying in more realism rather than on a keyboard!

If you want to try the game I believe there is a demo, or it can be picked up for around Ł5 now it is four years old. Or if you really are feeling shady, don't kill me mods I have chosen words carefully, << Removed >> But please, if you like the game, buy it. :lol:

Notice from rvalkass:

No matter how carefully you choose your words, you're still saying the same thing :)
Remember that illegal software is not to be discussed anywhere on the forums.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)