xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
derryck

Paypal Question

Right so i have a paypal account but its not verified meaning i havent added a bank account to it, or the paypal plus card thing, and without verification i cannot buy anythingBut i was wondering if i added a credit card to the account if i could buy something, because on the paypal site it doesnt saay that you cannot buy stuff without verification so i was just thinking if i could add my visa gifft card to it i would still be able to buy things without having a bank account. My mom is lazy so she never takes me to getr a savings account so i cant add that bank account

Right so i have a paypal account but its not verified meaning i havent added a bank account to it, or the paypal plus card thing, and without verification i cannot buy anything
But i was wondering if i added a credit card to the account if i could buy something, because on the paypal site it doesnt saay that you cannot buy stuff without verification so i was just thinking if i could add my visa gifft card to it i would still be able to buy things without having a bank account. My mom is lazy so she never takes me to getr a savings account so i cant add that bank account

Not really because you need to have the money in the paypal account. Im pretty sure you can't but if you have some money in your credit card.. i don't know.

If you add a credit card to the account, it will automatically verify for you. PayPal will check with the credit card company about your account with them. BUT, please be aware that in the case somebody hacks into your PayPal account, the credit card company has no way of knowing that an improper person is using it. Attaching the PayPal account to your bank account is an even riskier business. Hackers have access to your monies in that account. It happened to me, but fortunately things worked out ok and the bank restored my money and overdraft charges. If you attach to a bank account, do not keep a lot of money in it and get yourself a special Visa card to use exclusively on line that has a credit limit of only $500.

Yes, if you add a credit card, you can buy things with it. That's the whole point of using credit card on paypal :lol: However, you won't be able to withdraw money unless you have a bank account.Personally, I dislike paypal. I second what Mich says. It's dangerous to add a credit card to it if it has high withdrawal limit. Paypal isn't that safe and hackers and people who know your password and stuffs can withdraw thousands from your account if you aren't careful. Furthermore, if paypal decides to freeze or close your account (they have a lot of stupid excuses to do it) because they find something 'doubtful' about your account, you won't be able to remove your information during that period, that means your bank acc number, credit card number etc will remain on your account until they unfreeze your account for you.

Yes, if you add a credit card, you can buy things with it. That's the whole point of using credit card on paypal :lol: However, you won't be able to withdraw money unless you have a bank account.
Personally, I dislike paypal. I second what Mich says. It's dangerous to add a credit card to it if it has high withdrawal limit. Paypal isn't that safe and hackers and people who know your password and stuffs can withdraw thousands from your account if you aren't careful. Furthermore, if paypal decides to freeze or close your account (they have a lot of stupid excuses to do it) because they find something 'doubtful' about your account, you won't be able to remove your information during that period, that means your bank acc number, credit card number etc will remain on your account until they unfreeze your account for you.

I don't fully agree with this opinion. PayPal is actually safe enough for doing credit-card-based transactions. The weak points in safety come not from PayPal itself, but from the weakness of your password and the level of compromise in the computer terminal from where you start a payment.

I mean, if your password is that obvious as "12345" and/or you use a public computer in one of those cyberstands that are all around, you are definitely in trouble. But if you use, let's say, a strong passphrase (and you are careful enough for keeping it only for yourself), and use your own Linux-based computer to generate your payments, you have basically nothing to be afraid of.

Still, I have to say that it is a good idea to have a low-credited card there... just to be sure.

Best regards,

-L.

if you have the paypal account verified then you can have more then 330$ balance in your account but if you are not earning from the internet then you dont need to verify it. I think to buy from ebay you need an verifiued account and to get paid from some websites you need a a verified account in paypal. but leave the hassl easide . Paypal is a safe website and you can get verified if you have a a credit card there is no problem in it.

Now my second question...could i verify it with a simple visa ift card... because i tried with American ecpress and that didnt work so i was woonderin if it was cuz i was usin amerrican or i just cant dowith a ift card

You can verify it with all major credit card (if they are international) No Probs. What you need to do is simply enter the verification process and complete it fully.A code will be sent with your card's annual billing. You should type it down inside the Paypal Website to simply finish the process and you are verified with no limits. Better use this method then using credit card payment via paypal.

Now my second question...could i verify it with a simple visa ift card... because i tried with American ecpress and that didnt work so i was woonderin if it was cuz i was usin amerrican or i just cant dowith a ift card

I have looked through some information, and I do not think you can verify with a gift card visa.. or any brand really. I would think the logic behind this is that visa gift cards (or other brands) can not verify you are who you say you are. Because unlike a real credit card, gift cards do not store your information, or have a billing address for you. There is nothing through a credit reporting agency to compare against. The whole purpose of being verified is that they can guarentee the people whom you are sending money is that "yes this is a real person, and there is funds available to cover the expenses."

If you do not have a bank account, nor a Real credit card, the alternative option is to ask someone you know who does have a paypal account linked to either a bank or credit card to send money to your account. If the money is in your account you will be able to purchase or subscribe to things with paypal, as the money is physically there at the time of purchase. Without a credit card Or bank account, I dont believe there is a way to get money Into your account (aside from asking someone to transfer money from their account to yours).

hope this helps!