xisto Community
derryck

Martial Arts

Well im 14, so i dont have alot of mone, so i was wonderin if their is anyway that i can learn martial arts of sometype throuh the internet( my g key is not working) i have seen people defending themselves and, i am not the strongest person in my school and im going to high school net year and incase i ever need it.Please And thanks

Hello derryck,Learning martial arts via a book or video or the internet is not easy, though not impossible.The first place to look could be Youtube, and typing 'self defense' or 'martial arts' or whatever style you are looking for (karate, tae kwon do, judo....).There might be some tutorials there, there are some good ones on Krav Maga (you could try typing that in).While I do understand money is an issue (it is for most of us these days), it is still advisable to learn martial arts under a qualified instructor for a number of reasons.You could also Google for what I just mentioned regarding Youtube, and see what you come up with.Another good idea might be to search some ebok sites, where youy might be able to find some free ebooks on martial arts.Let me know whereabouts on this planet you live and depending on where that is I might be able to advise you slightly further.

Well what I think is you shouldn't learn it thorugh internet, I think you should actually get an instructor in real life to learn martial arts because it will be more difficult if you do on the internet.... BUT its your choice to choose...

That is exactly what I tried to advise. Learning from a book or the internet is not really advisable. The only way is really to learn from a qualified instructor.Once again, if i know where on this planet derryck lives, it might be possible to give him a push into the right direction regarding affordable clubs and the likes.I did have the same problem in the past: finding a club that did not cost an arm and a leg. Some martial arts clubs are really not affordable at all these days, some of them seem to be a real luxury.however, it is still possible to find some clubs even the ordinary working man can afford.

I'm sorry but, it isn't possible for a person to learn martial arts via the internet. If you would like to learn some helpful self defense moves, then search for a local program at the YMCA. What you must understand is that martial arts isn't about knowing moves and being able to do them. Becoming a martial artist means that you are acceptting and embrasing a lifestyle. If you are truly interested in gettin involved with martial arts, then I suggest getting a job to pay for classes. If you are just interested in self defense techniques, then the best advice I can give is to Google it and I'm sure you'll find some good instructions. I am myself a martial artists and have been since age 4. I have been a practicing martial artist for twelve years and believe me it is impossible to learn from a book or the internet, I still have a lot to learn so don't try and learn it from secondary source.