xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PCessna

Firefox Feel

If you use FireFox as compared to IE, You'll see just in the way pages are viewed the feel and look of them are smoother the IE's rough view of sites.You may not know what I mean, but think of how smooth firefox is compared to other browsers.safari is smooth, but still rough, and Opera is a little rough like IE too, I think FireFox is the most user friendly and smoothest.

I also think firefox is by far the best browser out there. IE is just so pathetic that I only use it for windows update and when I want to check my other accounts with the same email service provider with signing out. With firefox u can surf check emails and do a lot of stuff with even touching the mouse. Firefox is beautiful, fast, robust and reliable. I think IE is better when it comes to downloads. I've had a lot of corrupted files with firefox that I nolonger use it to download anything above 5MB. I've tried Flock, NotJustBrowsing, Opera, Netscape Navigator, IE5-8beta, Safari and some that I have forgotten of but I keep coming back to firefox. Opera had a lot of problems with beta versions of most web sites eg Rediff.com, Yahoo!. Flock is just too clustered for my liking. Netscape had nothing to offer that I could not get in Firefox. The rest were a wste of time. Even when the latest Safari came out I didn't see why the media was making a lot of noise about it.

Interesting observations!Hey guys has anyone tried the IE8beta? I did but I didn't like it either. It still can't handle tabs he way I like. It still has the ability to fill my task bar with windows. It still is not as fast as the fox. In simple English it still sucks! The only things that I dont like about FIrefox 3b5 is that I can't install FireFTP on it and the hunger for resourses.

I read the title thinking this was a name for another web browser from mozilla, would be called FFF. But yeah, anyway I totally agree. The look of firefox doesn't interrupt your viewing of the website you want to see. I use a compact skin for firefox so about 80% on my whole screen, including the toolbar, is the website.The feel though, I agree, it's a lot more smoother then Internet Explorer. With Internet Explorer, I get this blocky and annoying feel from it. I don't get that with Firefox at all. Safari is really nice looking and is also smooth. If I had discovered Safari first, I'd still be using it. But I used Internet Explorer and straight away I didn't like it and wanted to change it. So I discovered Firefox, havn't change since. Only time I strayed was to use Safari.Good ol' Firefox.

When designing a couple of websites FF tends to leave gaps between table rows where they shouldnt while IE doesnt. Apart from the im FF all the way.

Hmmm..I wouldn't agree with you completely eventhough Firefox is a great piece of browser software! I was a long-time user of opera and all its features really made me their passionate user for around 3 years I think. But I noticed recently and even before that some pages do not load properly or do not load at all. That bothered me so much, along with a few other glitches that came with the latest versions of Opera, that I decied about half a year ago to switch to Firefox. I was impressed by it at first and its add-ons are really great! I used it a lot and it worked great with a few glitches and slow startups, but then came VISTA SP1 and IE7 in its full power and at that point I couln't believe my eyes!IS IT POSSIBLE THAT MICROSOFT FINALLY MADE INTERNET EXPLORER SO GOOD! I guess I really have to give a big applause to them since this latest edition of IE is THE best. It is compatible with all sites, it works, mouse-gestures can be added via add-on, tabs work great and link-menu is the same as in firefox! Plus it opens in a second on my vista as it is "native" browser and everything is nicely integrated...So right now I am using updated IE7 with VISTA SP1 and everything is just perfect:) I'd suggest anyone to give IE a try, because in this new Vista enviroment, nothing really can beat it unless you are to accustomed to firefox-addons!

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)