xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dcskataboy

New Truck We totalled our so we are getting a new one.

Well i'm only 14, but my dad lets me drive just to teach me. A few weeks ago we wrecked in his truck, which was a 1999 toyota tacoma with a camper top and after market tires and cd player, we found out a few days ago that it was totaled. We have been looking around for a new truck since then, and we found a 2004 chevrolet silverado extended cab. The chevy has 57,000 miles on it, tinted windows, no power locks or windows, after market cd player, bed liner, and seat/steering wheel covers. We are going pay about 9 grand for it. Who thinks this is a good deal. Let me know

ew no power windows... yea that sounds like crap x.x if it were me id rather not spend 9k on it but it sounds like an ok truck besides the no power windows and locks... its a big deal to me to have those but hey its just me lawl ;3

60,000 miles is average for a five year old vehicle, so you're looking good on that count. I assume it's a half ton, so it can carry a bit more than the Toyota was rated for and it'll get the same crappy fuel economy. If you need to carry more, you can add a leaf spring or add air bags like I did to my wife's Toyota and upgrade the tires and you'll do fine. I'd say for nine grand, it's a fair trade. I personally wouldn't go for a base package that includes manual windows and locks either, but your Toyota probably wasn't real high on options either.

Hi!The lack of power windows should not be a problem if you live somewhere warm and you never open the windows since you'll have the air conditioning turned on all the time. Power locks are pretty useful though, but you can get an after-market fitting to get remote locking for all doors - they would hand you either a unit with an integrated key (you won't need your old key), or a key chain that you can use to lock or unlock the doors. The after-market remote locking systems usually include some kind of security system with a burglar alarm, so that's definitely a plus. If you want to invest in something at a higher range, they can give you keyless ignition like on the Nissan Altima.