xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  

I Seem To Never Be "sick" For More Than 15 Minutes, Ect. I have never in my life had a real sickness.

I asked my mom, she said every single time EVER that i have ever been sick, it's only been about 15-20 minutes, and I hardly ever get cold, I can go out in like 4 degrees and shovel snow in a t-shirt and light pants, I never get hot in summer to much, when i run, I hardly ever need to hydrate,I don't seem to get tired easily, ect ect,Is this normal...? I'm 15, and YES I am emotionally stable, I am not creating a fantasy in my mind.Also, I find I can go well over 2 weeks without brushing ym teeth, and have very little bad breath, and teeth still are white as when i brush them.WTH, AM I NORMAL?

I asked my mom, she said every single time EVER that i have ever been sick, it's only been about 15-20 minutes, and I hardly ever get cold, I can go out in like 4 degrees and shovel snow in a t-shirt and light pants, I never get hot in summer to much, when i run, I hardly ever need to hydrate,I don't seem to get tired easily, ect ect,Is this normal...? I'm 15, and YES I am emotionally stable, I am not creating a fantasy in my mind.Also, I find I can go well over 2 weeks without brushing ym teeth, and have very little bad breath, and teeth still are white as when i brush them.
WTH, AM I NORMAL?

Ok, here's the thing. Germs actually are killed by the cold. Where they thrive is indoors. You don't get sick from being out in the cold, it's actually coming in and experiencing the temperature change that'll get you. Plus when you're young, your immune system works at a higher rate so if you eat very healthy and stay physically fit that could happen. I'm guessing you keep physically active, that'll raise your body temperature too so you'll be able to stay out in cold weather. It's a myth though that the cold itself makes you sick, if anything, if you could stay out in the cold a lot from that age your body would actually adjust and toughen up so the cold wouldn't affect you as much, plus since there aren't germs out where it's cold, you might get sick less. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt.

It sounds like a lot of it is just being physically active. I'm guessing you're very active in sports, right? That'll make your body much more able to handle conditions for hot and cold.

As for the teeth brushing, it's actually not the brushing that most keeps the teeth clean but the flossing. And it depends on what you're eating. Fruits and vegetables probably wouldn't cause as much junk on your teeth because there's less junk in them. You may even be eating some natural foods that have a cleaning effect on your teeth. Some of it might just be that you're young so the teeth haven't yellowed yet. But you might want to floss though because the real danger is the stuff in between the teeth that causes them to rot, not the stuff outside so much.

Ok, here's the thing. Germs actually are killed by the cold. Where they thrive is indoors. You don't get sick from being out in the cold, it's actually coming in and experiencing the temperature change that'll get you. Plus when you're young, your immune system works at a higher rate so if you eat very healthy and stay physically fit that could happen. I'm guessing you keep physically active, that'll raise your body temperature too so you'll be able to stay out in cold weather. It's a myth though that the cold itself makes you sick, if anything, if you could stay out in the cold a lot from that age your body would actually adjust and toughen up so the cold wouldn't affect you as much, plus since there aren't germs out where it's cold, you might get sick less. The human body has an amazing ability to adapt.
It sounds like a lot of it is just being physically active. I'm guessing you're very active in sports, right? That'll make your body much more able to handle conditions for hot and cold.

As for the teeth brushing, it's actually not the brushing that most keeps the teeth clean but the flossing. And it depends on what you're eating. Fruits and vegetables probably wouldn't cause as much junk on your teeth because there's less junk in them. You may even be eating some natural foods that have a cleaning effect on your teeth. Some of it might just be that you're young so the teeth haven't yellowed yet. But you might want to floss though because the real danger is the stuff in between the teeth that causes them to rot, not the stuff outside so much.

Makes sense, but I'm not VERY physically active anymore, I do exercise in my house a lot, like crunch, reverts, pushups, jogging in place ect, but not to a large extent...

Some people just seem naturally more resistant to getting sick. I think part of it has to do with eating a good healthy diet that maintains a strong immune system, like a friend of mine who started eating a lot more vegetables and raw foods, and now he says that he almost never gets sick. Also, while exercise is important, too much can also strain your immune system, but basically just remaining generally fit is also essential to keeping healthy. As long as you're not overweight or something then that really helps you not get sick as much... Finally, good genetics can probably play a part, though I'm not sure.

Some people just seem naturally more resistant to getting sick. I think part of it has to do with eating a good healthy diet that maintains a strong immune system, like a friend of mine who started eating a lot more vegetables and raw foods, and now he says that he almost never gets sick. Also, while exercise is important, too much can also strain your immune system, but basically just remaining generally fit is also essential to keeping healthy. As long as you're not overweight or something then that really helps you not get sick as much... Finally, good genetics can probably play a part, though I'm not sure.

I eat so much crap now it's not funny.But I ABSOLUTELY love kiwi.

LOL, your only 15! Old age is going to hit you like a cold hard smack in the face if you are fortunate enough to live that long. It does that when you have been so healthy for so long, and then it seems like all of a sudden all of your body parts start to fail you. And believe me, it will! My advice is to take care of your self now, especially since you are lucky enough to have a good healthy body to start with. Don't do a lot of stupid things to damage it and eat right and stay fit.