xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Emerger

Adding Jigsaw Puzzle Effect With Photoshop

Should the occasion arise that you want to add a puzzle effect to a picture, there is a simple method built into Photoshop. Like a lot of other abilities, the hard part is finding it. Let me walk you through how I do it. There are a variety of other ways and I would love to hear your way also.

So I have this picture of my cat that I want to look like a puzzle:

Posted Image

I tune it up how I like it and size it, etc.

Posted Image

Then click on Filter/Texture/Texturizer

Posted Image

Once you click that a box appears:

Posted Image

On the right hand panel you see Ok, Cancel. Texturizer then Brick or Sandstone or something. The Puzzle is not automatically loaded. You have to find it. So click the flyout menu to the right of the drop down menu. It will say load texture. You have to navigate to the right file. Usually it is Program File/Adobe/Photoshop/presets/Textures/Puzzle

Then you go back to the filter/texture/texturizer and select Puzzle from the drop down menu.

Posted Image

Play with the scaling, relief and light till you like the results. Here is now Meisha ended up:

Posted Image

Have fun and don't be afraid to tryout all the options. Enjoy

I dont have puzzle anywere - can I download it?

Adding Jigsaw Puzzle Effect With Photoshop

I am working with CS3 photoshop and do not have the puzzle in texture or shapes like CS2 did. I really want just an outline of a simple, typical puzzle piece. Do you have any suggestions - I have searched internet till I have gone crazy.

Thanks

Lori

-question by lori stammer

the scaling, relief, and light are all on the right bottom half of the texturizer screen, hope that helps. Emerger, this seems like a very simple effect, and I saw that there were more textures than just the puzle, thanks a lot holmes i'm gonn chck these out!

i have CS3 and it doesn't have that effect in there, maybe i can find it online somewhere for a download..... but thanks for the idea. i like it a lot.

Nice tutorial, I might have to use it one day...Nice and easy, but hard to find... yeah, that's pretty true.But it's great! Thanks for the tutorial!