xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
StrawberryShortcake

Something About Me New from India, new to computers

Hi, friends.I am new on Trap 17. I am from INDIA. I am in Degree College, I love listening to songs. I have so many friends but most of them are childhood friends. We normally eat together; all of us are from the same class. We have been friends since I was a year old, all are my best friends. I never hide my secrets from my friends. I think I am very lucky that I have such kind of friends. Now-a-days, my summer vacations are going on. So, I am doing Part time job. But, I want some help from you all. I had done my MS-CIT course. I don't know anything about Internet. Only I had searched something on website and composed e-mails. My senior thought me How to create e-mail id in website even other things related with job. But I am confused. Now -a-days, it is a computer generation. Mostly business is depend on computer. No work is done without computer. I don?t remember about various e-mail ids. My sir is telling that I am very slow but what can I do for that. In this world nobody has got all knowledge within born. All people are not equal in this world. I want help from you how I develop my computer knowledge skill?P.S :- The first paragraph was edited by my friend ^_^

Welcome StrawberryShortcake!

I can assure you that there are lots of computer interested people here at Xisto, that are willing to help you if you have any questions or need help. Because you are a new member, I would recommend you that you read all the useful things that are located in the READ ME.

So I do not know if you are here for the hosting, but I think it would be a great way to develop better computer knowledge. The hosting here is great, and I would recommend it. It is very reliable - and by posting at the forums you get new friends all around the world. Writing good, quality post is quite important. One liners are considered as spam, and will therefore become deleted. The better posts you write, the more credits you get. You can choose when you want to write the posts yourself, but if you are hosted I would recommend that you keep it over 10 credits.

That was all I had to say, and I welcome you to our community. Nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around the forums.

From Bluebear, Norway.

Welcome, StrawberryShortcake. ^_^ As Bluebear mentioned, there's a ton of computer junkies here at Xisto, so if you have a question, feel free to ask! If you want to jump right into the Internet, hosting is a good way of almost forcing yourself to learn the workings behind the websites you browse every day... including this one. (For instance, from my understanding, Xisto heavily utilizes PHP, but also uses JavaScript, HTML, and CSS... four must-learn languages of the Web.) Just by looking at the source code of pages, you can learn a bit more about the Internet and how it works.As for hosting, contribute informative posts, work on the English a bit (I know it's hard), and as long as you stay somewhat active, you can earn enough hosting credits rather quickly to try your hand at designing your own website.

They failed to mention about the resident spammer, and the junkiest of computer nerds, ***points to me***. You say you don't know about the internet, and that is a very broad topic, I would suggest focusing on one aspect of it, like effective search methods, web site designing, graphic designing, SEO, networking, etc etc. You mention email and again that is a very broad topic because there are different aspects of creating an email. Click the following link on some websites that could help you with the email process; search:email tips.So once you know the the forums, and get to know the members here, posting topics to get help about using the internet, and then begin mastering how to use it properly. So welcome to the forums as usual, and if you need help just post a topic or pm me on something, or someone else, it don't matter just as long as you get the help you need to make you feel more comfortable with the internet and a computer.and SPAM!!! BWHAHAHAHA ^_^