xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ICE-XG

What Is Your Favorite Mmorpg?

What is your favorite MMORPG?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

world of warcraft!!! this game is the best and the most complex game i ever played. It`s better than MU, because there are only 2 quests, but i don`t know about the others, because i didn`t played them. Anyway, i have a lvl 15 Human warrior

The only MMORPG I have ever played is called Dark Throne is available free as an online only game.It is pretty good and is turn-based with 4 different characters types to choose from, you also have miners, sodliers and defensive soldiers as well as spys and ant-spys.Pretty good game, but then like I say, I have never played any other MMORPG so that is just my 5 cents :)

Theres a lot of MMORPGs out there, and quite a lot of them suck, honestly.WoW and Everquest are awesome games, and they don't have trials you can just download from their site, but I've tried it and they're both really good.Ragnarok Online isn't a bad one either. I've been playing it for a year now, and I'm still addicted.Knightsonline wasn't that great. I thought it was rather hard to control, and they moved pretty slow to me, so I got tired of it. But the graphics weren't bad.

[*Quote* ]

Hi there,

My favorite MMORPG is World of Warcraft, hands down. I started playing WoW during the first stress test on a computer with the following make up.

-----------------------

PC133 system board

Pentium III 1.10ghz 133 fsb

256mb RAM with 133mhz frontside bus

SoundBlaster Live audio

20gb harddrive

Windows 2000

GeForce 2 32mb video w/ Tv-Out

-----------------------

The game rocked, and the graphics were beautiful. Me and my wife played (alternating) throughout the 12 days of stress testing.

We tried and failed to get into second Beta, but we applied for Second Stress test and made it in! Stress test wasn't going to start for 3 days so I said screw it and I built the following computer for my wife.

==============

System board, 800mhz fsb

- built in audio

- built in NIC (1ghz)

Pentium 4 3.0ghz w/HyperThreading 800fsb

512mb RAM 533mhz fsb

ATI Raedon 9800 pro 256mb built in memory (by Sapphire)

21 inch monitor

80gb harddrive

CDRW-DVD Combo

==============

Additionally I upgraded my ram to 512 (maximum) and video to a GeForceFX 5500 256 built in memory.

Needless to say hers rocked mine, but I can still play happily on mine. The game scales well for video.

We played Stress, got into Open Beta, and then bought 2 Collectors Editions:D

We love this game.

[*Quote* ]

damn i wish i can make my own pc man..thats tight...ill make some when i get older ;)

Aww HAIL no.You didn't put Diablo II : Lord of Destruction on there. It owns all your puny MMORPGs. WoW - I didn't like. Dunno why. LOLRest - I haven't played.Diablo II owns them, really,I've been playing since two patches before the expansion (1.05) and I won't quit till we have to start playing TCP/IP. I'm addicted.Panda

id say.... Priston Tale.. well before it went P2P.. it was a great game fun and addictive but it was fun during the petition against the P2P.. there were walls of people.. but it is just like Ragnarok Online like the classes and weapons... Id still have to say Priston Tale is better though..

Of all the MMORPGs I've played, and I'd wager I've played almost all of them, World of Warcraft is the one I've enjoyed most. I like being able to log on and play for only an hour or two, and then log out with the feeling that I actually accomplished something in the game. I think WoW really accomodates the different playstyles people have, unlike a lot of other games in the genre that more or less force one playstyle on you. Plus, I think Blizzard's art and music direction shines in WoW more than it does in any of their other games, and that's saying a lot especially considering this is an MMORPG.

Second to World of Warcraft, I would have to say Asheron's Call is my favorite MMORPG. The game definitely has its share of problems (a perfect example of a game where a playstyle is forced on you; but not only by the game's mechanics, but by your fellow players as well), especially these days, but it's a very unique game that I really can't compare to any other in the genre.

With all of that said, I too think that Diablo 2 is more fun than any MMORPG I've played, but seeing as it isn't an MMORPG, this is hardly the thread for it.

i can't decide from Lineage2, WoW, and Everquest2

39795[/snapback]

Did cast my vote on World of Warcraft and MU Online. Play them both and love the games.

Though I have to say if Dark Ages of Camelot would have been on the list my vote would have fallen on that for sure!