xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ICE-XG

Tech Is Advancing Too Fast For It's Own Good?

techology in my opinion is advancing way too fast 4 it's own. u buy something and then there is a better product in one month. i think it's growing way too fast. it's good in global way but, in gaming it's too fast. graphic changes, blah blah blah. techology changes too fast? I wouder what will happen to our world when the oil runs out at year 2010. which is a scientfic guess

so you're saying getting better at something is a bad thing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, it's moving fast...but progress is progress, right? Even if it IS moving at the speed of light.

Granted, it's a bit annoying to have to buy new tech stuff every...day or so (slight exaggeration), but there's really no harm in it. So...I like it. :rolleyes:

I agree, im an 18 year old finishing high school and it kinda annoys me that when i buy something it literally becomes obsolete within 2 months when the new stuff is out along with a new big hit game that my system would probably now stuggle on :) . But yes, progress is good, and i have started to just accept it and upgrade every year or 2, just buy thw best parts you can get so they last you that 1-2 years of gaming and performance and its all good. Im gonna go 64-bit soon, but not until 64-bit windows and stuff is out... just dont see the point buying it for a 32-bit OS even tho it will run real quick but also if i wait the prices will come down :rolleyes:

Has anyone seen an documentary about the life in Japan on TV?I saw one. And it isn?t pretty (for us, that is).If you buy a laptop, it will become obsolete within a month!When it becomes obsolete, you actually PAY a certain amount of money to someone to come over to your house and take it to a disassembling center where all of it's parts, that are in working condition, are shipped to another country.I think that the products (that are made especially for the market in Japan) are assembled with the most cheapest material around. I suppose that they are expecting that it will be disassembled anyway within a month or so.Conclusion? Technology is advancing very fast indeed, but it needs to be financed, so all of the new technical discoveries are sold to us so that goal can be reached.

Technology yes is advancing fast in all markets not just gaming. It is really irritating as most of have said to have buy new upgrades within months after upgrading previously and I feel they could slow down the release of the technology and give time for people to buy what is already out there you know like once a year or something, they would still make enough revenue to turn a profit and further continue building bigger and better things. look at what happened with the Pentium 4 4.0 GHz processor they had to pull it off the shelf because it ran to hot instead of running to see who can get out the bigger better product and burning your money on a product that isn't going to meet par etc etc perfect what you have and slowly invest and progress the products to be released in the next year.Just my $.02

Technology yes is advancing fast in all markets not just gaming.  It is really irritating as most of have said to have buy new upgrades within months after upgrading previously and I feel they could slow down the release of the technology and give time for people to buy what is already out there you know like once a year or something, they would still make enough revenue to turn a profit and further continue building bigger and better things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to look at the good things as well though. Without this pace of development you wouldn't be playing Halo2. You'd be playing Prince of Persia, and I'm not taking about Warrior Within, or Sands of Time, I'm talking about the 2D one. You wouldn't have Google, or other search engines. You would probably not have free hosting here at Xisto.

Nobody's forcing you to upgrade constantly. It's only if you want to be able to run the bleeding edge software using heavy graphics that you will have to upgrade so often.

Just my $2k :rolleyes:

I think tech is advancing too fast for fool human's mind.marketing makes people buy technology is new today and tomorrow is old.besides, we buy things we don't need. for example, how many people buy paid scripts instead of use and support free scripts that are as good (or better) than they bought.TOO MANY!also, marketing it?s used by companies that need a good image because other factors brings them a bad image.for example (i won't include TM names), all those factories which polute the air, the rivers, it's neightborhood... they need a better image than that one: the key is MARKETING, advertisment with a blue sky and sea, and a sane family using their product.and people isn't smart enough to see their bad image. of course, we can?t live without buy because we wouldn't survive, but we can try not supporting "bad images". it sounds stupid, but, well, i'm a person, i'm stupid too.

I am not worried about technology's advance, well, except nuclear weapon. I am worried about the advance of biology and life science. now people has sequenced human's genome (it is from one human), theoratically people can sequence everybody's genome in the future. now many people are studying increasing life span, image everybody live twice as long, it is not a good thing! think about the population, the food and the job market.

I think it is silly to buy a computer every month. You don?t always need to buy the newest and the best.

I am not worried about technology's advance, well, except nuclear weapon. I am worried about the advance of biology and life science. now people has sequenced human's genome (it is from one human), theoratically people can sequence everybody's genome in the future. now many people are studying increasing life span, image everybody live twice as long, it is not a good thing! think about the population, the food and the job market.

41433[/snapback]

Well, by your logic, it is bad that the average life span in idustrialized nations has already doubled in the past 500-600 years. Remember, they arn't even close to figuring out how to alter the life span, or most of the genome for that matter. In fact, they cant even figure out what more then half of it does, if it does anything.

Yes, it is advancing to fast. Although, some people are glad that its advancing fast, I for one am not. You cant buy a processor for your computer, you cant get a console, you cant do anything without wondering "When is the next thing coming out." Thats the whole reason why I am not getting a new computer, although this one is 5+ years old. People always want the top of the line stuff, when the old decrepit stuff works just fine. I have an Asus Hawk with a Intel Celeron Processor, and only 62MB or RAM, and it works just fine. Changing to a console prespective, its kind of, no wait, its scary how good they look. Well, I have to admit, graphics are nice, but if company started making games for the NES or SNES again, I'd buy 'em, although they wont be that great. I wish technology would stall just for ten years. Or, let me stay in 2005 for ten years... :rolleyes:

Yes, it is advancing to fast. Although, some people are glad that its advancing fast, I for one am not. You cant buy a processor for your computer, you cant get a console, you cant do anything without wondering "When is the next thing coming out."

41756[/snapback]

But that's not the fault of technology. That's people being greedy and wanting more and more and more. No matter how slow of fast technology advances you will always have people who want the newest, even if it's just the same thing in a different colour.

Nobody's forcing you to contantly buy new computers...

ye i agree wtih you. you have to watch it now adays cos soon the technology will fight against us. and as they r programmed they will beat us. i think they need more supervision on overpowering this stuff though

there is already no more oil reserves in the planet...Tech Is Advancing Too Fast For It's Own Good?

Think about it, look how they are phasing out petroleum based products I.E. Plastic bags, for environmental reasons. The climate changes are due to the earth's core cooling down, the petroleum in the earth was there to keep the fire going. At the rate we are using fuel these days, I won't be surprised to see the end of the world as we know in 2012, like some people have predicted. 

-reply by Reygar